Pawn shop story

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Thought I'd share a snippet of my trip to a pawn shop earlier today. I notice the guy was watching CNBC and didn't think much of it til I looked around and saw a cardboard box covering an FTA receiver!

I made a little bit of conversation with him and said "oh I noticed you have an FTA receiver!" No response. Made other sorts of conversation for 5 mins, then went back to the subject, to where he said "so what, yea big deal?!?" almost as if he felt guilty. I knew he was hacking cause the receiver said channel "0208" which is most likely the channel # for CNBC on DN. I said nothing further. I loved his reaction. Almost as if I was a cop. Wow.

Last edited:
Ask him how much for the receiver... it's a pawn shop right?!?... Maybe he'll think you will tell someone so he'll sell it to you cheap or something.

It will be good when dish does there ECM/card swap later this year. Then you could pick up that receiver for $5.00 :) and turn it back into what it was designed for.

How stupid could the owner of a business be to use a pirated device in a public place. If a Dishnet cop or whatever walked in there he could have been in deep for signal theft.

dish should come roam around florida.. I think half the state steals from dish.. everywhere you turn you see a rigged dish pointing at 110/119

dish should come roam around florida.. I think half the state steals from dish.. everywhere you turn you see a rigged dish pointing at 110/119

Should be a lot of FTA receivers floating around you for next to nothing if the fix ECM works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.