Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
Galaxy 25 97°W Do I keep Twicking??

I use a Globecast Eliptical Dish and Dual ouput LNBs. At my location of Latitude: 42.078° and Longitude: -71.038° I get Strength and Quality reading like these for these transponders:

Transponder Strength Quality
11779 H 73 27 to 35

11898 V 71 60 to 61 (avge for rest of TPS)

11966 H 72 48 to 50

12010 V 71 79 to 85:confused:

My question is; are those readings normal for my location or should I twick the Dish more to get up my quality for that very first weak TP reading?

Last edited:
what receiver? They all read differently

On my Pansat 1500 most of the transponders read between 50 and 75

If I remember correctly the GC box reads low on the meter so that may be right.

I don't have a Viewsat but someone will chime in soon :)

CHIME
Well my VS Ultra (version 1) says
11778H
AZCAR Training System channel
S=73 Q=61-64

Thats on a 1m Primestar, might be a bit bigger than your dish...I'd try tweaking the
skew (unless you're using a motor) sometimes a little slight twist will pick up the #s.
If its a fixed dish I'd check elevation, east/west and then try the skew a bit just to see if it helps.

GC dishes come with a single LNBF. Did you buy the dual later? Check the skew on the dual. The elliptical dish you have has good gain and should be big enough.

I suspect the SKEW on the LNBF then on the DISH.

GC dishes come with a single LNBF. Did you buy the dual later? Check the skew on the dual. The elliptical dish you have has good gain and should be big enough.

I suspect the SKEW on the LNBF then on the DISH.
Yes, it came with a single LNBF, but I bought the "Dual body" from you Sadoun.:D I will take a closer look at the entire setup, including the markings on the Dish and LNBF. Currently, my dish is skewd at about 115° (25° +90°..... don't know why GlobeCast tech told me to add 90° to the skew scale of the dish.) Elevation is 40° about 4° more than listed on Dishpointer. Anything lower or higher I loose signal. Azimuth (magn.): is 231.1°.

1) Should the arrow on the LNBF indicating up, always be pointed up?

2)What about the reading around the neck of the LNBF? How should they display?

3)Should, I reset the dish's Skew to 0° and then only skew the LNB, instead of skewing the entire dish?

If you can skew the dish, skew the entire dish instead of the LNB. That gives the LNB more dish surface to see, especially on an elliptical.

If you can skew the dish, skew the entire dish instead of the LNB. That gives the LNB more dish surface to see, especially on an elliptical.
That's exactly what I did initially. I will try and setup it again from scratch. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts