"Pawn Stars" coming to broadcast TV in syndication deal this fall

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/94120/pawn-stars-syndication-clearances-top-80

A+E Networks and Trifecta Entertainment & Media said today that the History series Pawn Stars has been cleared in over 80% of the country and will launch in U.S. broadcast syndication this fall.

Pawn Stars will begin its run in broadcast syndication on Sept. 12, with Tribune Stations in 16 markets, including WPIX New York. Additional key station groups on board include Sinclair, Meredith, Media General, CBS, Nexstar, Scripps, Weigel, Gray, Cox and Tegna.

Pawn Stars enters syndication with more than 400 episodes. Trifecta Entertainment & Media is distributing the series and handling ad sales. Pawn Stars is available on a straight barter basis. Trifecta will be feeding 10 episodes each week.

Pawn Stars’ quick clearance in the broadcast marketplace is testament to the strength of the series and its ratings,” said Sean Cohan, president, international and digital media, A+E Networks. “The show resonates culturally by showing history through a contemporary lens and we anticipate this appeal will generate continued success in the U.S. syndication marketplace with our distribution partner, Trifecta.”

Reactions: Tank
now just because they signed a deal with a particular owner, that doesn't mean its across the board ;)

As example in Minneapolis we have Sinclair (CW), Tegna (NBC), and CBS. Obviously it wont be on all 3 ;)

Reactions: Tank
h Pawn Stars is available on a straight barter basis.
For those who didnt know what that meant (that included me)

Straight-barter syndication
the local station receives the program and a percentage of the commercial time within the program for local sale in return for airing the show.

Reactions: Tank and lfp302
I've seen enough to last me for the next decade. I stopped dvring new episodes because it was run so much with generic info or special clip shows that were being recorded all day long. Now History and AE are ticking me off with the special 3 min clips of supposed new footage that are marked as NEW episodes and screwing with my dvr list. I've dropped a couple more shows because of this stunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)