pay channel Q

Status
Please reply by conversation.

towelie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I currently have HBO, but hardly ever watch it, except for the occasional movie in HD.

If I cancel, and then see a movie I want to watch, can I re-order and then cancel after it is over through the web? And will I just be charged for 1/30 the monthly charge - 40 cents? I'd much rather do this a couple times a month then pay $12 for 2 or 3 movies.

cueman98 said:
so if you add hbo (or another premium) how long do you have to wait to deactive?

I think 24 hours but please don't do this constantly all the time because one day the website might not allow this anymore. I don't do this but I could see why it might be quite popular. If I didn't have much money and could see all the Saturday Premiers for the three main networks for about 5 bucks or so a month I might do this. I don't think D* or HBO and them like it very much but I say do it if they allow it.

I think the rate is based on a day-by-day basis not 24-hours. So if you order in on Saturday night, but forget to cancel by Sunday, I think that's 2 days. I don't think you have to wait at all, I ordered HD-pack for a basketball game a couple weeks ago, and cancelled right after it.

So can I order Setanta Sports USA for a day and cancel within 24 hrs or 48 yrs and play less than a dollar or will i have to pay 12 for the whole month?

I don't know what Setanta Sports USA is, but if its an add-on package like HBO, Showtime, HD. then yes, you'll only pay for 1/30 of a month. If its a sports-pack like MLB extra innings or Sunday Ticket then its a 1-time fee that you can't cancel.

towelie said:
I don't know what Setanta Sports USA is, but if its an add-on package like HBO, Showtime, HD. then yes, you'll only pay for 1/30 of a month. If its a sports-pack like MLB extra innings or Sunday Ticket then its a 1-time fee that you can't cancel.

What??? You don't pay a cancellation fee with direct when you deactive a package like Dish network??? :confused:

Just to clarify, you can only change your programming 1 time each day.

In the past I have added HBO on a Sunday evening and then removed it on Monday morning. Cost is $0.40 each time I have done it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)