Local Channel Sat. went out???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MattJ2124

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Ohio
I live in the Youngstown area, so I am required to have two sat. dishes, one for my regular stuff, the other for my locals. Anyway, my Philips Tivo 7000 series lost the second sat signal completely and I lost my locals. I was a little confused because nothing happened to my dish and I was getting strong signals from the other dish. So I check the cables and connections and then I unplugged the tivo receiver and reset it. Now everything is fine and my local channels are back and everything has a strong signal. My question is: is there something else I should check with my equipment just in case it is something with my equipment, or is it possible that the Directv signal went out and while my receiver was unplugged and being reset the signal came back? Thanks for your input on this.

rockaway1836, thanks for the respond, appreciate it, your probably right

locals out

MattJ2124 said:
I live in the Youngstown area, so I am required to have two sat. dishes, one for my regular stuff, the other for my locals. Anyway, my Philips Tivo 7000 series lost the second sat signal completely and I lost my locals. I was a little confused because nothing happened to my dish and I was getting strong signals from the other dish. So I check the cables and connections and then I unplugged the tivo receiver and reset it. Now everything is fine and my local channels are back and everything has a strong signal. My question is: is there something else I should check with my equipment just in case it is something with my equipment, or is it possible that the Directv signal went out and while my receiver was unplugged and being reset the signal came back? Thanks for your input on this.

i have the same tivo as you, and my local's go out/or slow finding them daily
dtv ran me though the auto detect, and locals came back, but this is still a daily thing.sometimes if i wait for about 30 sec's they come back,but it first tells me to press select to order when i press select it orders a pay per view
dtv waved the fee, then i set my ppv $ to 0.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts