Local Channel Connector

Does anyone know where i could possibly purchase a Directv Local Channel Connector? Apparently these are no longer available from Directv. Can't find anything on Ebay.
Are you talking about a LCC? Its a tuner for over the air TV.

You could try calling them and ask for one.
I did .... got the Philippines, they had No Clue what I was talking about apparently, guy said, hang on, ill check .... came back 3-4 minutes later and said that the Channel was in a Dispute with D* ... meanwhile I then asked, Why then can I watch it on the Sat feed on thier channel.

He hung up.

This is Why my Blood Pressure goes up every time I have to Call them ....

Fwiw, thier website is STILL F'd up.

LCC are going to be hard to find. There are still a couple AM21's on eBay that could be an option. I think they work on the same receivers including the HR44/HR54 from what I remember but do some searching to double check that if you have a Genie 1 (but not Genie 2, neither LCC or AM21 work on Genie 2).

Reactions: harshness
Hi Guys,
Refresh my memory .... I haven't changed anything lately.

I had a AM21 OTA set up connected to my HR54 (previously a HR44)

I thought the power for the AM21 came from the HR54 .... (or was it the HR44 that did that ?)

Anyways I am trying my AM 21 again with a new USB cable.
The power on the AM21 is a permanent cable, that has an end that I thought would plug into the HR54, but te HR54 gets its power on a different type of cable, so I can't jumper it.

Did it have its own brick for power and I have misplaced the other half of the power cord ?

edit:
I just looked at my other AM21 and it Does jump right to the HR24 and plugs in the back of the recvr.

Theres no where to plug it into power on the HR54.

What can I do now ?

The AM21 has an internal power supply. Attaching a picture of what it looks like inside. The only thing that protrudes is the power cord.

If you have the original AM21 with the polarized D7 connector on the end, you could easily cut it off and replace it with a standard US plug.

Attachments

• HPIM0857.JPG
    HPIM0857.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Jimbo
Also, this PDF was archived at this site - not at its host - so I am attaching it here for reference as well. I found it in a google search.

Attachments

• am21_firstlook.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 108
The AM21 has an internal power supply. Attaching a picture of what it looks like inside. The only thing that protrudes is the power cord.

If you have the original AM21 with the polarized D7 connector on the end, you could easily cut it off and replace it with a standard US plug.
Ok,
So, the connection coming out of the AM21 cannot be plugged into a HR54 as it doesn't have a port for it, so, your saying, cut the end off and plug it into a regular 120v outlet ... is that correct ?
I Can run down and get a plug to do that ....

Just want to confirm that it needs 120v not step down voltage 12-30v

I only get 1 chance at this as the power line coming out of the AM21 doesn't come off the back, its 1 piece going to the board.

OK, rewrote this a couple times to try to be clear.

1. The AM21 should have a polarized C7 cable that connects into the power input in the attached pic. This is just a cable, not a power supply, and you can get one from a lot of different places for under $5.

2. You have choices with the cable that's attached to it. You can ignore it. Or, you can remove it if it's bothering you, I guess. Or, you can cut off the connector and attach an outlet to it, and plug the HR54 into that outlet.

One more thing that occurs to me is that if you wanted, you could remove the attached cable, put a plug on the end of it, connect it to the power input, and you've got a power cord.

If I'm still being confusing, call me out on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-20 130307.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-20 130307.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 87
OK, rewrote this a couple times to try to be clear.

1. The AM21 should have a polarized C7 cable that connects into the power input in the attached pic. This is just a cable, not a power supply, and you can get one from a lot of different places for under $5.

2. You have choices with the cable that's attached to it. You can ignore it. Or, you can remove it if it's bothering you, I guess. Or, you can cut off the connector and attach an outlet to it, and plug the HR54 into that outlet.

One more thing that occurs to me is that if you wanted, you could remove the attached cable, put a plug on the end of it, connect it to the power input, and you've got a power cord.

If I'm still being confusing, call me out on it.
OI did the Last thing you mentioned ...
Cut the cord and added a plug and plugged it in to an outlet ...

We Now have a Working AM21 .... Yeah.

Only problem is, it doesn't turn of with the D* remote, or EVER for that matter.
That might end up being an issue, maybe.

I think the most common approach to using the AM21 on a Genie is to just buy a polarized power cord for the AM21 (very common, and was used for the HR20-HR24 and other DirecTV receivers before the Genie), and keep your Genie powered separately. The cord that goes from the AM21 to provide power to the receiver would remain unused.

As for powering off the AM21, it is always powered on, the only distinction is if the power light shuts off when the receiver is shut off, which I think is typically transmitted over the USB connection and is not depending on the power hookup method.

All that said, Stuart laid out great options if a user wants to remove the cord from the AM21 that powers older receivers, or even to convert it to a AC plug. One could even cut the power connector off their Genie power cord and hard-wire it to the AM21, but honestly, what is the point. The safest approach is to just power both boxes independently.

Reactions: Jimbo
I think the most common approach to using the AM21 on a Genie is to just buy a polarized power cord for the AM21 (very common, and was used for the HR20-HR24 and other DirecTV receivers before the Genie), and keep your Genie powered separately. The cord that goes from the AM21 to provide power to the receiver would remain unused.

As for powering off the AM21, it is always powered on, the only distinction is if the power light shuts off when the receiver is shut off, which I think is typically transmitted over the USB connection and is not depending on the power hookup method.

All that said, Stuart laid out great options if a user wants to remove the cord from the AM21 that powers older receivers, or even to convert it to a AC plug. One could even cut the power connector off their Genie power cord and hard-wire it to the AM21, but honestly, what is the point. The safest approach is to just power both boxes independently.
Now that you mentioned it, I do think they are all always On, outside of the light ....
Good point, I won't worry about it then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)