DTV gemini

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John2021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Los angeles
i find this interesting comes with 5GB of storage can record 8 shows at once. connects to the genie. connects to the internets if sat signal goes out. ( my genie does that now )

don't seem like it's worth anything to me...
just seems like a glorified osprey box :coco

REQUIRES high speed internet
so many users cannot get it

so thats another box with not output
if you have 1 tv and this you have 3 boxes
wth is directv smoking?

Reactions: John2021
It just became a lot less interesting unless they'll make it worth it. I'll give 'em call and find out.
they said you can download apps to it. i wonder if i can download my vpn app to it so i can watch games that are blacked out. that might make it worth it to me..

REQUIRES high speed internet
so many users cannot get it

so thats another box with not output
if you have 1 tv and this you have 3 boxes
wth is directv smoking?
why would anyone want that :what2 . if you loose your internets then there goes your DTV:D:biggrin. and here we go scott's forum will be flooded with customers that are pissed off for getting them :D :eek:. why in the hell can't they release a new genie:what2 this sh*t's been run into the ground and is very dated for today's world with channel lineup's getting bigger!!!

Last edited:
why would anyone want that :what2 . if you loose your internets then there goes your DTV:D:biggrin. and here we go scott's forum will be flooded with customers that are pissed off for getting them :D :eek:. why in the hell can't they release a new genie:what2 this sh*t's been run into the ground and is very dated for today's world with channel lineup's getting bigger!!!
It allows streaming IN ADDITION to satellite. That said, I called and for some reason I was not eligible. Not that important to me.

They probably have 20,000 Ospry boxes in a warehouse somewhere and need to get rid of them (seeing the Ospry box didn't take off like they hoped).
They rework the Ospry, now call it a new name and walla ...

DOES it have a D* tuner in it, can it record, does it allow you to download Apps ...
IF it does all that, lets hear about it, if not, it's just D* trying to get rid of old stock.

They probably have 20,000 Ospry boxes in a warehouse somewhere and need to get rid of them (seeing the Ospry box didn't take off like they hoped).
They rework the Ospry, now call it a new name and walla ...

DOES it have a D* tuner in it, can it record, does it allow you to download Apps ...
IF it does all that, lets hear about it, if not, it's just D* trying to get rid of old stock.
It's effectively a replacement for a mini with a streaming device built in. It is not a receiver and from what I can find out, it is most certainly not old stock.

OP said it could record 8 things at once
so that would mena it has 8 tuners, and some storage
or does it use the could?
or just add a a tuner to the hs17?

OP said it could record 8 things at once
so that would mena it has 8 tuners, and some storage
or does it use the could?
or just add a a tuner to the hs17?
Sounds like its using the Genie to Record like the client does.

When they actually come out with a NEW box that has a Tuner and can do 4k (without extra stuff added) and can add Apps to it ... then we have something to talk about ...
D* has Failed to add anything worthwhile in a long time.

Sounds like its using the Genie to Record like the client does.

When they actually come out with a NEW box that has a Tuner and can do 4k (without extra stuff added) and can add Apps to it ... then we have something to talk about ...
D* has Failed to add anything worthwhile in a long time.
but the hs17 only does 7 streams......