Paying for HD Still. Seems like I am alone..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jax Tom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
I still pay that darn $10 a month for HD. I have this feeling I'm the only one. Who else pays this? Can I call and get it removed forever?

I still pay that darn $10 a month for HD. I have this feeling I'm the only one. Who else pays this? Can I call and get it removed forever?
Your Not the only one ... years ago they folded the HD fee in with the Whole Home and DVR fee into one larger fee and gave it a new name ... Advanced something or other, its the $23 or there about you pay when you have a Genie recvr.

That’s part of why I switched to DTV stream. A lot cheaper, I was paying
Close to $40 in just fees.
Stream no HD Fee, no Dvr fee, no additional receiver fee, no Regional sports fee. Almost every channel is HD.
No Regional Sports Fee ... is that due to them Not having them available on Stream ?

Almost every channel in HD, that is the same as the Sat version.

No Regional Sports Fee ... is that due to them Not having them available on Stream ?

Almost every channel in HD, that is the same as the Sat version.
Stream does not charge the extra RSN fee and they do have them.

That’s part of why I switched to DTV stream. A lot cheaper, I was paying
Close to $40 in just fees.
Stream no HD Fee, no Dvr fee, no additional receiver fee, no Regional sports fee. Almost every channel is HD.
How does directv stream work with more than one IP for the household? and what about different VLAN's?
How do they determine locals? Is there a GPS chip in the receiver?

When I log into and use the RoKu DirecTV app with my DirecTV satellite account log in it gives me the locals of the neighboring market to the south.

• Wow
Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Everyone is paying it, whether it's itemized as hd or rolled into the advanced receiver fees.