pbs and audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ottawa Valley Canada
I have found the Pbs stations at thier new home but I am having a problem getting the audio. I bought a home theater system so I could pick up the ac3 plus I also wanted an excuse to get a surround sound system.
The audio used to come in ok but before I moved to the new Satellite I lost the audio.
Is it possible that the optical audio cable can go bad ?
I don't know what else could be wrong since the surround system works ok for everything else
Thanks for any advice

PBS did some testing the first month or so they were at AMC21 so a rescan might be in store :)

Well I just re-scanned amc21 and got all the PBS stations again but still no audio on any but Montana PBS, Montana comes in great through my surround system so I am still baffled.
I did what my system calls a smart scan and got three of each of the PBS stations ,Two Montana PBS.

I am using a Pansat 250 sm
I just did another rescan but did just a regular scan and not the smart search that is avalible with the Pansat and NOW the audio is working.
Thankyou guys for all your help
Bye the way what would be the difference between a blind scan and my smart scan ?

Can't get audio on pbs, amc21. I got it on my old pansat 2500 throught the RCA digital out, but can't get it on my captiveworks 600s premium with its optical out. I can get digital sound out on other channels, but they are most likely mpeg audio. When I look at the information page the APID says zero. I tried to add the APID for ac3 it will not stick. Need Hepl! Thanks

Looks like it is normal for some tv channels on FTA to change the APID or Does it only happens when they add a new audio track to the stream? I guess they will have to communicate every change to their affiliates and customers then no?

Can't get audio on pbs, amc21. I got it on my old pansat 2500 throught the RCA digital out, but can't get it on my captiveworks 600s premium with its optical out. I can get digital sound out on other channels, but they are most likely mpeg audio. When I look at the information page the APID says zero. I tried to add the APID for ac3 it will not stick. Need Hepl! Thanks

ahhh yes another "supposed" feature of the Captiveworks....dolby digital output

except it wont work on AC-3 channels...its like a few other receivers I have that have an output for it but it wont work

I just tested it on my CW 600S premium and it works. the onkyo 605 is showing Dolby D 5.1. I hope it also works on the Coolsat 6000 in my bedroom though!!! (no DD receiver there) . You have to make sure you have in the menu the SPDIF output ON . both receiver use the optical connection BTW.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)