PBS HD East (no sound)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4bbq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Dahlonega, Ga
As of yesterday, I am receiving no sound on this channel. Anyone else having this issue? All other channels on this bird are fine. Using a Viewsat 9000HD.

I have re-scanned the channels, but haven't gone beyond that.

As of yesterday, I am receiving no sound on this channel. Anyone else having this issue? All other channels on this bird are fine. Using a Viewsat 9000HD.

I have re-scanned the channels, but haven't gone beyond that.

You mean you're getting sound on the PBS HD West on the same transponder, but not the east? If so, that's strange.

Did you delete the channel before re-scanning? That's the only thing I can think of. Sound is coming in fine here, and was yesterday too. Also, it was coming in fine on both audio tracks.

One question....

I assume that you're talking about the PBS east on AMC-21??

Reason I ask, is that I just now was trying the other PBS HD channels, ie the Clear Feed HD on AMC1, which worked fine, and then I tried the NET HD channel on G28. The video on the NET channel came in fine, but NO AUDIO ????
I looked at it with TSREADER, and the PMT lists 2 audio streams, PIDs 52 and 53, however 52 is completely missing, and 53 is there, but is flat-lining with no content. Strange, particularly after you've posted about PBS missing audio.

If by chance you WERE referring to the NET channel, I wouldn't be concerned, as there are often problems with that transponder, as I think it's just up there as a filler between sporting events, and I don't think they are very careful about the content. However I really assume you're talking about 12140 on AMC21, and I don't have much of an explanation for that one.

Thanks for the notes BJ.

I was referring to the PBS HD East channel on 12140. I did what you mentioned just now (deleted everything on 12140 and re-scanned). Now the sound is there on all three channels. That was an odd one to say the least.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)