PBS Launch in Burlington-Plattsburgh DMA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
For those who care about such things:
Effective July 12, Dish will launch WLED, a PBS station, in the Burlington-Plattsburgh DMA package at no additional cost.

WLED 49 Littleton, NH which will be on Dish channel 8944, is apparently a mirror of WENH Durham, NH. WENH is the flagship station of New Hampshire Public Television.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
WLED 49 Littleton, NH which will be on Dish channel 8944, is apparently a mirror of WENH Durham, NH. WENH is the flagship station of New Hampshire Public Television.

See ya
Tony

That's one of the few I get OTA. It maps as 11-1 & 11-2 with one being the PBS HD feed and the other the normal SD programming. Is Dish just adding the SD analog feed to their LiLs or the HD?

Im sure its going to be SD walt. I have been trying to get some updates on the mt mansfield project (not that it matters I wont be getting anything OTA) but I havent seen anything what about you?

Here is a cut and paste of an email I received from Channel 22. Looks like I have to move to Boston to get the NFL in HD this year;
edit; here is Sara email if interested,
Sara Carpenter [scarpenter@fox44.net] notice it is at fox and not the ABC affiliate

Bob~

Once we convert over to broadcasting with a digital signal, we will switch to HD. WVNY, as well as the other area TV stations, are in the process of building digital facilities on Mount Mansfield. The plan is to have that completed by November 2006. HDTV will follow shortly after that.

When the area stations do switch to digital, then to HD, it will be through an on-air signal. If Adelphia chooses to broadcast the local stations in HD at that time, they can, but at their own expense.

As far as satellite providers broadcasting the local channels in HD, that will not happen until 2007.

Feel free to check back later in the year for any updates.

Sara Carpenter

Director of Programming

WVNY-ABC 22

298 Mountain View Drive

Colchester, VT 05446

p (802) 660-9333 ext. 162

f (802) 660-8673

Last edited:
rlarryvt said:
Here is a cut and paste of an email I received from Channel 22. Looks like I have to move to Boston to get the NFL in HD this year;
edit; here is Sara email if interested,
Sara Carpenter [scarpenter@fox44.net] notice it is at fox and not the ABC affiliate

Bob~

Once we convert over to broadcasting with a digital signal, we will switch to HD. WVNY, as well as the other area TV stations, are in the process of building digital facilities on Mount Mansfield. The plan is to have that completed by November 2006. HDTV will follow shortly after that.

When the area stations do switch to digital, then to HD, it will be through an on-air signal. If Adelphia chooses to broadcast the local stations in HD at that time, they can, but at their own expense.

As far as satellite providers broadcasting the local channels in HD, that will not happen until 2007.

Feel free to check back later in the year for any updates.

Sara Carpenter

Director of Programming

WVNY-ABC 22

298 Mountain View Drive

Colchester, VT 05446

p (802) 660-9333 ext. 162

f (802) 660-8673

I wonder if the holdup is Dish or Channel 22? Some of these rinky-dink stations seem to acquire a distorted sense of self worth once they've converted to digital. I mean like Vermont is so far behind the rest of the nation's affiliates, you'd think they'd be embarrassed.

Well that pretty much sucks. I know I wont be getting any OTA in Groton from Mansfield. And The system engineer for Charter said they arent going to be doing any HD anytime soon the Danville Headend is not fiber fed. So no dish no charter no OTA means no HD for me :( damn should of just stayed in AZ.

jmcgee_jr said:
Im sure its going to be SD walt. I have been trying to get some updates on the mt mansfield project (not that it matters I wont be getting anything OTA) but I havent seen anything what about you?

Go to www.fybush.com and go into the Tower site of the Week archives they just did a update on Mt Mansfield last week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)