PBS MUX down on 125W?

Guess it is temporary until you find the problem on your end. Working fine here. Kids have been watching PBS Kids and no one has complained. :)

I'm having the same issue today. Montana PBS coming in solid, 12180 mux nowhere to be found. Not even showing in a blindscan. I watched it last night without issue and it's clear today. I guess they must be lowering the power sometimes. Or we're both having a bizarre equipment failure.

Having the same problem as you..
I'm having the same issue today. Montana PBS coming in solid, 12180 mux nowhere to be found. Not even showing in a blindscan. I watched it last night without issue and it's clear today. I guess they must be lowering the power sometimes. Or we're both having a bizarre equipment failure.

Having the same problem as you..
I get the feeds bouncing from 0% to barely anything then back to 0%, thought it was a tree but considering how many other people are having issues, something is probably going on.
I can only guess lowered power, because the dish I'm using is on the small side. Hopefully it returns to normal eventually. I'll be using LPB in the meantime.

The signal has definitely dropped recently. I reported on a thread here back in August that I was getting the PBS Mux at 90-92 SQ on the AzBox on an 80cm dish. I did notice a drop the last few days (but no picture loss or pixelation). Today I am getting SQ at 52 with strong pixelation, didn't have that when this was first posted by TRG, but the signal was definitely down then.

Montana, meanwhile, is at 72 SQ (which I believe is around what I expect).

Reactions: cookies
i have also noticed a drop on 12180V, nothing major but slightly lower quality compared to about 2 years ago.

Also on my dish, the optimal aiming is a bit different for Montana PBS compared to the 12180 mux. Probably cause by some interference form wither 123 or 127. If I remember correctly I get the max on 12180 closer to 123W than the max for Montana. So maybe something on 123W conflicts a bit with Montana PBS or something on 127 interferes slightly with 12180V.

Reactions: cookies
Brct203...I'm fairly sure your right..I couldn't figure out why when I peaked for 12180 ,I'd lose Montana..certainly could be interference from an adjacent satellite 123 or 127..

Curious as to what size dish everyone is using that is losing this. I am using a dedicated 4 footer(1.2M) for this bird. I know that helps a lot. I am curious if anyone else that is losing it or having issues is using a 1.2M?

I haven't been able to get 12180 with my 90 cm the couple of times I've checked this month. What appears to have happened is they raised the FEC rate of the signal without modifying the overall power, so the signal-to-noise threshold needed for reception is a few dB higher now.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
So far I haven't had any problems with AMC21. I'm using a fixed dish here, an older 1m Fortec that measures 100cm x 110cm, with a GEOSATpro SL2PLL and feeds a powered multiswitch.

I haven't checked the signal with the SatHero in quite some time but the quality on the Amiko NanoHD for 12180 has always been between 77 and 82. Currently the quality is at 81.

Montana is coming in fine here but for the last few days ive had pixelation on all the other PBS channels. I'm using a 76 cm fixed dish, which usually is fine unless it's raining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)