PBS MUX down on 125W?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Don't wanna speak too soon, but I read from Rick's that people are reporting the signal is back to normal. It's coming in nice and strong here again with plenty of margin, so fingers crossed that they did correct the issue.

Don't wanna speak too soon, but I read from Rick's that people are reporting the signal is back to normal. It's coming in nice and strong here again with plenty of margin, so fingers crossed that they did correct the issue.

Noticed the same thing early this morning (12.25 am), an increase of about 15 from my previous reading two hours prior (58-59 to 73-76). Has been stable (actually a slight increase) this morning. Will have to see what happens later today, but certainly looks promising!

Ok quick update from California. It's 11/23/19 at 16:00 and I have all of my PBS back at this time, same signal quality as in previous months/years. During the outage, while the 12180, 30000 were out for me, I still had Montana PBS but it pixelated at about 44 quality. Though at the moment all my PBS is back on 12180, 30000, I'm still getting the occasional & very brief picture freezes intermittently. This was what was going on in the weeks before I completely lost 12180, 30000, that occasional picture freeze even though Q levels were good. So maybe they're still working on it, but glad to see them back, hopefully it sticks.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Still not working here in central NM. My wife and I watched a couple of Britcom's on Montana PBS last night. No dropouts no pixilization isues. Sadly, 12180 is still dead as a doornail.

While I have been getting good signal during the day (mid/high 70s) I have noticed a significant drop (at least 10-15%) at around 10-11 pm EST lasting at least until after 2 am (last time I checked before bed). By morning it is back to mid/high 70s.

I did go out today to check my dish alignment, and a slight push one way increased the PBS mux by about 4 or 5 percent, but caused a corresponding decrease in Montana PBS, so the dish was left as is.

For reference, due I presume to normal atmospheric and temperature changes, I see LPB at 87W change radically at sunset and sometimes in early morning hours. My fixed dish is bang on this satellite and SQ 72% and very stable most times.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

For reference, due I presume to normal atmospheric and temperature changes, I see LPB at 87W change radically at sunset and sometimes in early morning hours. My fixed dish is bang on this satellite and SQ 72% and very stable most times.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

True, I do expect some signal changes, but not as large as I have seen the past two days after the signal was boosted/corrected. As well, I haven't seen a corresponding major drop in Montana. Re-checking my numbers, the 10-15 loss I reported above was actually closer to 20% , which is a substantial loss.

Ok quick update from California. It's 11/23/19 at 16:00 and I have all of my PBS back at this time, same signal quality as in previous months/years. During the outage, while the 12180, 30000 were out for me, I still had Montana PBS but it pixelated at about 44 quality. Though at the moment all my PBS is back on 12180, 30000, I'm still getting the occasional & very brief picture freezes intermittently. This was what was going on in the weeks before I completely lost 12180, 30000, that occasional picture freeze even though Q levels were good. So maybe they're still working on it, but glad to see them back, hopefully it sticks.
Well it didn't last long, as it got later into the day/early evening everything's back down again. Will update if it changes.

More I think is most likely is a long path from PBS's uplink station in VA to 125W* due to a atmosphereric conditions depending on the weather patterns.

Same time Montana's PBS station has better uplink shorter path and better upper line of sight in the sky than in PBS in VA.

If I was the boss at the PBS station in VA would choose something like 101W* bird taking in account for AK and Hi, while providing better signal quality uplink. :)

I guess I should have spoken up when I created my account on Nov 7th. I've been having troubles with 125W since late October but no one here was saying anything here. Now I check back and see 3 pages on the topic lol. Glad to see it's not just me in Missouri. - 90cm PLL LNB

This might be completely wrong but is a neighboring sat is operating on the same frequency and causing SNR drops on 125W reception. As back in October I was finding broadcasts close to 12180 V, when I was attempting to adjust my dish and blind scan at the same time. Sadly I deleted my blindscan logs.

Well it didn't last long, as it got later into the day/early evening everything's back down again. Will update if it changes.
As of Feb 24, 2020 I have all my PBS channels with good signal (about 80% quality) on 125 W, except for Montana PBS. If no one is having issues, may try doing a tiny adjustment to see if I can get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts