pbs noc hd03 - Program Schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
BUDguy, is there a website or link where us hobbyists could download the schedule weekly?
Unfortunately, no. I compile these myself and don't really share them publicly for a few reasons. But if you, or anybody, would like a copy of the schedules for the week, just shoot me a PM and I'll send them via email. The downside of what I do is that once I start a new schedule, the previous schedule is a week outdated. I start a new schedule every Sunday, which means the schedule I had finished updating is already a week old, so some of the programs in the previous schedule may not be fed again. The only real way to find out what's on these feeds in real time is to do what I do, which is to constantly record the feeds, then trim out any program from that recorded file that I want to save. When referring to the schedules, programs in green are constant feeds and you can count on that program being fed for the next few weeks or longer. I have fun recording the feeds and updating the schedules because there's such a wide variety of programming fed on these feeds, some that my local station (KET) does not air.

Again, if anybody wants a copy of the schedules, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to send them over as well as any additional program information I have. I also have schedules for SD05 and SD06, but I don't update those weekly because those two feeds are rarely in use.

Last edited:
Reactions: FTA4PA
I thought you may have had some insight to the PBS programming schedule since the stations need to know this in advance to record for their broadcast. I did download a copy for reference. That's a lot of work so thank you for that. If I remember I may PM you a couple times a year for an update.

Between October 2020 - January 2021, it was actually a bit easy to figure out when a program would be fed. For example, say a new episode of "Finding Your Roots" airs on a Tuesday. PBS would feed that episode on HD03 on Sunday, two days before it aired. PBS usually did this with new episodes of programming, usually fed one to four days in advance. For example, "Independent Lens" would be fed on Friday and usually aired on Tuesday or Thursday, "Nature" and "NOVA" would be fed on Tuesday and would air on Wednesday, "Masterpiece would be fed on Friday and air on Sunday, "POV" would be fed on Friday and air on Monday or Tuesday (not sure which), and so on.

American Public Television feeds films as part of their feature film package during the last week of the month, usually starting at 12:00pm ET for consecutive days. If they have four films to feed, they would most likely feed them at 12:00pm ET Monday through Thursday, for example. However, last month, they fed two films in two days, so two films per day. APT only has two films to feed this month, so the feeds may start sometime this week, maybe even today. If that's something that might interest you, tune into HD03 at around 12:00pm ET through the week, since I'm not sure what day they'll be fed.

It's been quite a few years but I did catch HD4 showing movies either 9, 9:30 or maybe 10 AM ET on Sundays. It would air on most local stations the next Saturday night. Also found the Mr. & Mrs. Murder series airing late Sunday afternoons. Sunday used to be a busy feed day but have not seen that activity recently.

It's been quite a few years but I did catch HD4 showing movies either 9, 9:30 or maybe 10 AM ET on Sundays. It would air on most local stations the next Saturday night. Also found the Mr. & Mrs. Murder series airing late Sunday afternoons. Sunday used to be a busy feed day but have not seen that activity recently.
I've not seen the film package air on HD04. I have seen it fed on HD05 back in April and May 2020, though. HD04 is mostly used for affiliate uplinks. The occasional PBS program is likely to be fed between 7:00am and 9:30am ET on HD04, though not always. A majority of the feeds are from SCETV out in South Carolina. They uplink programs distributed by the NETA (National Educational Telecommunications Association). CPTV in Connecticut uplinks NHK programming. KCET out in California used to uplink shows from the BBC, but it seems those feeds are now handled by KNME in New Mexico and have moved to HD05.

Sundays are relatively quiet on all 3 HD feeds. There have been a few Sundays where KNME would feed BBC programming on HD05 in one night, all in one block feed. One such instance happened back on October 25, 2020 when KNME fed, in a row, all 10 episodes of "The Mallorca Files" from 1:30pm to 11:30pm.

To note, my schedules date to January 2020 for HD03 and April 2020 for HD04 and HD05.

As expected, there was a feed of APT’s film package today at 12pm on HD03. There should be one more tomorrow at the same time on the same feed. Today’s film was "Michael Collins". Tomorrow’s will be "North Country".

SD05 and SD06 will be shut off on July 21, 2021. There is an on-screen message on both channels.

"SD05/SD06 WILL BE DECOMMISSIONED ON JULY 21, 2021. As of July 21, 2021, public television services on satellites SD05/SD06 will be turned off."

• Sad
It seems as if PBS has effectively stopped feeding new programs via satellite. I've been monitoring HD03-HD05 for the last few years and I don't believe they've went this long without feeding a new program. Pledge programs didn't even feed this month. All of the feeds are still up, but if you're someone like me who collects feeds from HD03-HD05, looks like there might not be any for a while, if at all. A few programs are still fed on HD03, but only 5, excluding "PBS NewsHour," "Amanpour and Company," and DW programs.

Last year, PBS didn't feed much in the summer months, then began feeding new programs starting in September. That could happen this year, but I doubt it. I believe all PBS stations are now connected to the new interconnection system, so there's really no point in feeding the programs via satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)