PBS on 87W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thetractorking

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Beaumont TX
Those three PBS channels on tp 12110 on 87W.....
I'm getting a great picture with only a 24 quality, but I get no audio on my Captiveworks 600 premium. I tried to put in the audio numbers in manual, but nothing....
Any suggestions?

Those channels have AC3 audio. If your Captiveworks has an AC3 output, you need to feed it into a stereo that will decode the audio.

I found the cheapest way to get that audio was to buy a TwinHan DVB card, which decodes AC3 audio. But you need to already have a computer fast enough to handle the card!

Yep it has a S/PDIF output so all you need is a device with S/PDIF input all DD 5.1 receviers have it, The Logitech Z-5500 is a good set of speakers for the pc but they could also work well for a home theatre and they decode ac3 and all that stuff.

I'm getting by with an external Creative Labs Extigy sound box ($42 used from ebay) and pc speakers. Sound is better than my TV ! There's a fine review of the Extigy in the hardware reviews section.
By the way, the price on Optical cables ( if you need one ) are all over the lot. I was originally going to spend $30 ( cheapest I could find ) and ran into some RCA ones at Meijers ( my favorite super grocery ) for $9.95 . Look at value places like Meijers, Target, Radio Shack first.
:)

Last edited:
Thanks. I had to reread your posts a couple of times to figure out what you were talking about, but I got it now. I'll have to go shopping!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)