PBS on AMC3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I can't find any of the pbs stations on AMC3. Are they significantly weaker than the other FTA transmissions on AMC3? Is Montana stronger or weaker than the others? I cannot find any signal at all, quality zero :mad:

For me Montana PBS is at 32-42% and when rain it's no show.
I am in Montreal,QC,Canada using 76cm winegard dish guess it's just weak tp as everything else is pretty strong for me.

Tony :)

Rtpi

Montana PBS for me has been around a 45-48 here in Minnesota. The other TP’s (Patient TV, that weird guy with the zztop beard) come in pretty strong (90+)

When the rest of the PBS stations come in too weak for me to grab, I can usually get the Montana PBS station on AMC3 at TP 12164H. It's a great station too! Last night they showed the new Martin Scorsese movie on Bob Dylan. On the weekend I saw two great shows, one on the Grange Fair and the Red Green show which was really funny!. Try that TP, I think you'll like it.

DiscoLoveGrapes said:
The major exception? For some reason I was sitting around the other night trying to get The Safeway Satellite Network on AMC 1 to come in just right. I don't know why.

Another "looney" as I thought I was the only one who like watching the Safeway channel! They do have some interesting stuff on there from time to time - corporate reports, etc. That sat has always been hard for me to get...the skew is different I think. If there were more channels I may do a dedicated dish.

Iceberg said:
Rtpi

Montana PBS for me has been around a 45-48 here in Minnesota. The other TP’s (Patient TV, that weird guy with the zztop beard) come in pretty strong (90+)

Iceberg all other TP range from 45-90% and Patient TV is at 89-91%.
My lnbf is 0.5db would getting a 0.3db lnbf help out or should just pick up bigger disn(90cm).

I just upgraded from a 0.5 lnbf to a 0.3 Invacom. The Montana PBS increased considerably, from 30-35% to 45, while Patient TV went from 90 to 92. This is in Iowa with a 76cm dish.

I'm guessing a larger dish might give you more improvement than better lnbf would.

RtpiFan said:
Iceberg all other TP range from 45-90% and Patient TV is at 89-91%.
My lnbf is 0.5db would getting a 0.3db lnbf help out or should just pick up bigger disn(90cm).

I just checked over tyhe weekend with the 30"/.3

Patient/TIP TV is 99
Montana was around 50
PBS was around 49-52

This is with the Pansat 1500

I'm getting them at 55-60%, up from around 45. However, the Patient Channel is 70-80, which is lower than normal!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)