pbs sound problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My TV has a digital audio OUT port (SPDIF). Does this mean that if my receiver will pass the digital audio through then my tv will output the sound for these channels? The receiver only has composite and coax out, though....

The Sonic Voom has been proposed only as a way to get R/L audio on AC3 channels when you DON'T have a surround sound system, not to somehow produce surround sound out of regular TV or stereo speakers.
I was trying to find a way to get all 5.1 channels, and I just wanted to pass along my findings. I have a standard G9 cable, but the Sonic Voom has a different pinout, so I would have to make a custom G9 cable.
How did you feed the SonicVoom a DTS signal?
The DTS signal came from a DVD player. When I fed the signal to my AV receiver, the receiver indicated "DTS" on the front panel display and decoded it properly. When I fed the same signal to the Sonic Voom, it was silent. I also tried a different DVD player, but it was still silent.

My TV has a digital audio OUT port (SPDIF). Does this mean that if my receiver will pass the digital audio through then my tv will output the sound for these channels? The receiver only has composite and coax out, though....
If the receiver doesn't have an SPDIF output, then there is no way to get AC3 to your TV or any other decoder. Ie there is nothing for the TV to pass.

If the receiver doesn't have an SPDIF output, then there is no way to get AC3 to your TV or any other decoder. Ie there is nothing for the TV to pass.

Is there any kind of hardware that I can loop the satellite signal through that has SPDIF out to speakers/TV and coax out to receiver?

Is there any kind of hardware that I can loop the satellite signal through that has SPDIF out to speakers/TV and coax out to receiver?
Care to reword that or draw me a picture?

The question as it came to me was:
How do I decode AC-3 and pass it over coax to my TV?

My Answer:
The way I take care of it is to use a channel modulator.

Coolsat 5000 => SPDIF -> SonicVoom => 1/8" jack to stereo RCA => Channel modulator => Coax to TV's

I use one of those VideoSenders that only do Ch. 14-31. Sadoun has better ones that go from 14-69
Ch. 19 for me, you may substitute with a cheap one that does Ch. 3/4 only

Yes - its another sat receiver. You need a sat receiver that either decodes AC3 and outputs it via RCA Out to speakers/TV, or a sat receiver with S/PDIF passthrough to an AV Receiver that will decode and output the audio signal to speakers/TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)