PBS-X East on E*-7 ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Yesterday I was bored and hooked my Dish Network cable into my Coolsat 5000 to see what I could pick up. It has a dual circular LNB aimed at 110/119 with a single cable running to my house.

Based on the Lyngsat info I expected to get PBS-X, Nasa, and Angel 1 from 119W. Instead all I got was miscellaneous PPV promos and Dish channel 100.

Has anyone else ever tried this?

What kind of Dish LNBF is on your dish? If its a DishPro (DP), its a stacked LNBF, and you'll have to scan vertical only. The DP has an internal DiSEqC switch. You might not have had your DiSEqC settings properly configured... 110w only has a bunch of banner channel junk, no NASA and no Angel 1. That's DiSEqC port 2 on the DP LNBF. Port 1 is connected to the 119w side of the LNBF unit, and that's where you'll find NASA and Angel 1 :)

The only free channels on 119 are
NASA
Angel One
240 (the "here is how you get distants" channel)
Dish 101 x4

I've never seen PBS FTA on 119

I know where he got this info from because I saw it too, and since we are talking about it......

I think it was posted on sadouns new channel list, I set that list to "english" and saw it, I dont want to break any rules but he has another listed on 110 that I am sure will not be FTA but I could be wrong. I have no way of checking righ now and I did not want to go through the trouble of setting back up just see if these odd balls really were there or not. I know sometimes things pop up( or in and out) and we should not talk about them here. But this info was posted on a list provided here, at the bottom of the page I printed it says,

FTA channel listing

I just checked the link after I typed it in and those channels are still listed. I'm not sure if those are listed on lyng sat as being free or not I have not been to lyng sat in a while.

Again, ICE and other mods I would never do anything intentional to break the rules of this site. If this post is improper please remove it.

Its very likely that sadoun got there list from lyngsat, as I said I havent checked it in a while. I prefer to check with my reciever to see what is up there or not. I just remembered seeing the pbs somewhere before not very long ago.

Its very likely that sadoun got there list from lyngsat, as I said I havent checked it in a while. I prefer to check with my reciever to see what is up there or not. I just remembered seeing the pbs somewhere before not very long ago.

The rules allow talking about anything posted on LyngSat, even if it is outdated. ;-)
I've never seen that PBS FTA on 119°. I admit I haven't tried it in close to a year, but I'm assuming LyngSat has been wrong for a couple years, even though that entry is dated 081109.

The most recent PBS was on 129°. WOUB was there when I first got my motorized dish in 2007. I don't remember when it disappeared, 080518 might be close.

mabye its an odd ball transponder and it has to be put in manually? I would think not but with a viewsat I tend to think that anything is possiable. Mabye I will finally get some use out of this expensive LNB I got jacked with. As soon as I have my motor fixed I can hook up a line to the circular side and see, if no one beats me to it. For me to run both linear and circular I need to have a switch, and when I tryed it I got so much signal loss on 123 I abandoned the idea. I like angel 1, but 97 has so much more it was not worth the loss.

just scanned that tp as ALL and it logged PBS about 15 times but all are $$ scrambled

the pbs-x feed is for local markets without a pbs affiliate so that is why there are 15 of them...same channel just different sid

just scanned that tp as ALL and it logged PBS about 15 times but all are $$ scrambled

the pbs-x feed is for local markets without a pbs affiliate so that is why there are 15 of them...same channel just different sid

Correct, although I only see 11 different PMTs mapped to that channel.
Just pulled that transponder up with TSREADER, and all the services on that transponder are scrambled except for one of the audio streams (PID#4645) for SID #319, which seems to be Showtime west.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts