Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
I recently built a new PC for my main use using a MSI B250 PC Mate motherboard. I have the BIOS updated to the most current version.

I took my Prof 8000 DVB-S/S2 tuner card from my old PC and put it into the new one. The new PC with Windows 10 does not recognize that a PCI-E tuner card is installed. The previous PC evolved from XP SP3 to Windows 7, then upgraded to the Windows 10. The old PC never had an issue working with the card, though it went from W7 to W10 with it functioning.

Now I have a clean installation of W10 and the tuner card is not even recognized. Any ideas on how to "jump start" the system to recognize it? I don't see it anywhere in Devise Manager.

Did you remove and reseat the card?

Maybe try a different slot? I had a board with a bad slot before. I assume you also connected the wire to the power supply?

IMG_7913.jpg

Maybe try a different slot? I had a board with a bad slot before. I assume you also connected the wire to the power supply?

IMG_7913.jpg
Tried with and w/o power to the PCI-E plug. I didn't try all the PCI-E slots, but I did try at least two.

Maybe you need Win 10 drivers? I didn't see any Win10 drivers for your card at the vendors website.

Any luck getting this to show up in device manager?

Did you try to install back in your old PC just to double check?

I have the drivers but I don't think they are worth anything if the hardware is not recognized.

I've already junked the old PC, reused the PS and HDD. I might have another old XP and W7 PC that I could give it a try in. Maybe this weekend I'll have some time. Haven't powered those up for years being they were so old and outdated.

Any luck getting this to show up in device manager?

Did you try to install back in your old PC just to double check?
Where in Device Manager does it show up? I seem to remember it being under the sound/video/game controllers. It's not there. Nothing is flagged as needing attention.

Don't you hate it when stuff like this happens? Plug-N-Play - Ha! Anyway, try different pcie slots and you might want to check the pci config in the bios. Of course, your card might have died on you. Also, the newer BIOS that vendors are installing on their boards is UEFI which can complicate things. There might be some diagnostic software available that may help solve this issue.

any luck gpflepsen? also try highlighting the sound/video/game controllers line then right click and try scan for hardware changes. Also under view tab up top try "show hidden devices". The driver is installed ok?

any luck gpflepsen? also try highlighting the sound/video/game controllers line then right click and try scan for hardware changes. Also under view tab up top try "show hidden devices". The driver is installed ok?

No joy...
I'm not sure how to install a driver without the hardware installer asking for the driver file. I've tried all the BIOS options for the PCI settings but no changes. I'll try to dig out a different XP or windows 7 PC to see if it gets recognized. The driver zip came with three files; an .inf a .sys and a .cat.

I tried an updated W10 Lenevo ThinkCentre M58 with the PROF card installed and it would not boot up, just hangs at a static little "Windows" flag in the center of the screen. I took the card out and it boots up.

I opened a Dell running XP from 2002, and it didn't even have a PCIe slot in it!

Maybe the card is bad, maybe it's just fresh W10 installs. I'm putting the card on the shelf for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts