PC/tv Media Extenders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

louisraritan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Denver
Was reading about the new Dish Network Home Media server that connects Extenders wireless. Am curious, has anyone tried to connect a receiver to a media center pc through tv tuner and broadcast to laptops and xbox's? I had some luck with orb connecting my laptop but was a little slow and buggy. Was a nice free alternative.

I have a VIP 211 hooked up to a HTPC running vista and streaming to three Linksys video extenders running in the house. It works okay though sometimes it will have artifacts if network traffic is high.

Think extenders for tv's that aren't wifi friendly is great. What I want to do is use my laptop as an extender on my local area network. I don't really want to access my content remotely outside my house so I don't need sling or orb. Is frustrating, my MS XBOX 360 can receive a stream from my Desktop media center but my laptop with Windows 7 can't? Have read all about the mythical softsled (software based extender) that people have been waiting on for the last decade lol. A DishNetwork software based extender app would be awesome. I really think the company that jumps on that and gives it up for free will win the customer retention race. Are they there to be content providers or tv salespeople? Does MS make user friendly operating systems with current features or are they the digital content police? Remember when tech companies used to encourage ingenuity? Anyways, rant over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts