Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We here at SatelliteGuys.US continue working hard for you to give you the best experience possible.

I am proud to announce that we have added PDA mode for all of you who view SatelliteGuys on the go.

With this PDA mode you can do almost all forum functions with your PDA including read threads, post messages and check and send private messages.

To switch to PDA mode you can click on the words PDA MODE which is on the top right of all pages.

In addition to make things easier we suggest you bookmark the following URL on your PDA. http://www.satelliteguys.us/index.php?styleid=4

Enjoy! MORE GOODIES COMING!

Last edited:
Thanks, I tried this out and there are a few things that would make it easier.

1) Remember my login
2) In the list of threads with new posts, provide a link to the first new post in the thread, or just jump to it.
3) If not 2, put the link at the top of the thread.
4) If not 2 or 3, at least show the time stamp for each post so I can find it easier for myself.
5) Looking forward to what Ilya is working on.

My first PDA post.

I have already implement (2) - an icon in front of each thread name to jump to the first unread page.

As for remembering your login, I believe even the current style does it.
Make sure that cookies are enabled in your browser. Also, try clearing cookies once.

Ilya,
I tried(!) to use the PDA mode from my CellPhone tonite.

1) the → entity didn't work (Novarra nWeb 2.01 browser).
2) the posts are all jumbled together, it's like we need a <br> between each
post.

LER

LER, which style have you tried? The current one or the one with my changes (PDA2)?
PDA2 is not yet available to everyone, but you should be able to see it, LER.

That's the default one that Scott installed.
Switch to "PDA2 Mode". Let me know if it works any better for you.
Works ok for me, though I only tried it with IE for Windows Mobile 2003.

Probably your browser does not interpret some of the html formatting tags, or perhaps does it intentionally to fit more data on the screen. Try different browser modes. See if this is a browser setting that can be changed.

I'm not impressed with this (new to this phone) browser anyway. Thanks for the attempt, at any rate.

I can't even use my webmail from it, and they (novarra) doesn't seem to care.

I've left messages, etc, and NOTHING back from them. :(

I don't have the PDA2 option, just regular and PDA (beta). The beta version is now using more of the available screen width. Using a Dell Axim X51v with Windows Mobile 5.

PDA2 style is currently available to forum aministrators for preview and testing.
It seems to be working well (better than the current PDA style), so we are planning to make it available to everyone within a few days. Stay tuned!

riffjim4069 said:
I receive an "insufficient memory" message when accessing PDA Mode...
Try clearing the browser cache and closing other programs running in the background. This usually works for me.

Ok, I have updated the PDA style for everyone. You can give it a try now!

Note, that as before the PDA style offers only limited browsing functionality (no post editing, no PMs, etc.)
It is there just to give you some basic way of browsing and posting replies to the forum while on the road.
(We have also added "Create New Thread" link just in case, but keep in mind that this page is not PDA-friendly.)

The PDA style may not be compatible with some smart phones. Sorry! So far we only tried it with a Windows Mobile iPaq and with a Palm Treo. Both worked fine. If you have any problems or questions, please let me or Scott know. We can't promise to implement all request, but we'll do our best!

Enjoy!

The PDA mode is nice! I just bought a new Samsung A900 cell phone (not a PDA...it's Samsung answer to the RAZR) So far I love this phone. It uses Sprint's new Power Vision EV-DO high-speed network for Internet, SprintTV, etc.

Anyways...just tried SatGuys on it and used the PDA mode, and it looks and works great! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)