Peaking 1000.2 with receiver only

So, who do I talk to at E* to get a 1000.2? The CSR I just talked to, while courteous and friendly, said she didn't know anything about a Dish 1000.2 and wouldn't let me talk to anyone else. What, do I need to write to the ceo address to get a 1000.2? Thanks.

Just call back, you'll get someone else. Do you already have a Dish 1000? They will only authorize the 1000.2 if your programming requires 129. If you already have a Dish 1000 you can complain about your signal strength on 129 and request the 1000.2, but unless they specifically build your work order with the 1000.2 in the 'Hardware Required' section, the tech who comes will ultimately decide if you get the dish and he may not even have one with him.

Yep, have a D1000 and have problems with the HD channels on 129 all the time...I want to try a 1000.2, since I'm a west coaster and have chronic 129 sat issues ever since they re-aimed it and it's stability went down the toilet. The problems with 129 are particularly bad here in the NW.

I'll try calling them again... Thanks.

Yep, have a D1000 and have problems with the HD channels on 129 all the time...I want to try a 1000.2, since I'm a west coaster and have chronic 129 sat issues ever since they re-aimed it and it's stability went down the toilet. The problems with 129 are particularly bad here in the NW.

I'll try calling them again... Thanks.

As you live in the PNW if you call support they will install a 24" dish dedicated to 129 and a D500 for 110 & 119 at no charge to you.

As you live in the PNW if you call support they will install a 24" dish dedicated to 129 and a D500 for 110 & 119 at no charge to you.

Hell, you'd think it'd be easier than this. I called again, this time the CSR was an arrogant pig who kept insisting that 129 didn't start carrying the Voom channels until this past February (as in 3 months ago). I tried to tell him that I was having the loss-of-signal problem with channels from the 129 sat (including the Voom pak) since back when I had the 942 receiver, which he said wasn't possible since 129 wasn't broadcasting HD until late last year! Where do they get these people?!? :mad:

Anyway, he scheduled a tech to come out and repoint my dish because my signal levels on TPs 17 and 18 are "way to low" (well, no kidding!) and I asked him if the tech would have a 1000.2 dish with him/her? Nope, they'll try repointing it first (told him I've tried that, too no avail) and then, if that doesn't help, they'll schedule another appointment to put up a 1000.2!!!

Why not just put up a 1000.2 like I asked for? The tech is going to discover, as I did, that repointing won't gain anymore in this location.

Like I said earlier, you'd think, being among the "most valued customers" (what crap), that it'd be easier than this to get a dang dish from them! :( Sheesh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts