Pen mark on screen!

robbiee19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Hilliard, OH
Hey I have a RCA 52" CRT in the basement for the kids. Well, the 6 yr old put a small pen mark on the screen (blue). The pen is more like a marker. Tried water with a cloth, but no good. Any body have some suggestions!? The screen is not the tube but feel's like a plasitc screen. I will take any help on this one.:confused:

Try some Goof Off. It shouldnt harm the plastic, but try it in a corner first.

Last edited:
If it's like a Sharpie(tm) marker, isopropyl ("rubbing") alcohol will cut it. Should not damage most plastics either.

hey i actually used off brand mosquito repellant to remove sharpie marks from stuff.i found it accidentally when mixing different bottles of off into one that i had written on with a sharpie. i used the pump style bottles of off.

robbiee19 said:
Well I tried finger nail remover and it worked great. The mark is gone and no damage to the screen.
Im assuming you mean finger nail POLISH remover. If you are..be careful. Most of those contain acetone which will eat right through plastic.

navy8ball said:
hey i actually used off brand mosquito repellant to remove sharpie marks from stuff.i found it accidentally when mixing different bottles of off into one that i had written on with a sharpie. i used the pump style bottles of off.

I would be careful with repellent, I can tell you that for sure, OFF with a high percentage of deet will melt plastic and remove paint.

StevenD said:
Im assuming you mean finger nail POLISH remover. If you are..be careful. Most of those contain acetone which will eat right through plastic.
Well yes it was Polish. Like I said it worked for me great with no damage to the screen. I lightly dabbed a cotton ball into the finger nail polish, then just swiped in a downward direction three times and the mark was gone. Then I used my cloth wipe from my Monster ScreenClean kit. No marks. I have used the Monster ScreenClean kit on all my TVs and the computer screen at home and work with very good results. It gets the fingerprints off the screen. Just my results thats all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts