Pentagon Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you're talking about Pentagon HD the channel is available but D* hasnt picked it up yet
(I've seen the original feed on KU Band...nice picture) :)

From the way I read that press release, I do not think it is saying that the Pentagon Channel will be in HD on DirecTV. I think it is saying that the channel is coming to DirecTV. The press release is poorly written, but from what I gather it is announcing three things, 1.) The channel is moving from Virginia to Maryland, 2.) They are launching a HD feed, 3.) The channel is coming to DirecTV. If you read it closely, no where does it state that it is launching in HD on DirecTV, a lot of people inferred that from the press release. I could very well be proven wrong, but I really dont think that DirecTV would waste the HD space right now on a channel such as this that appeals to a niche audience.

It seems to say it will be in HD to me on D*

DirecTV to add Pentagon Channel HD
The Pentagon Channel, the television channel broadcasting military news and information for the 2.6 million members of the U.S. Armed Forces, is moving during the summer of 2011 from its location in Northern Virginia to Fort Meade, Md., said Brian Natwick, the Pentagon Channel’s general manager.

In addition to moving to Fort Meade “through July and August,” the Pentagon Channel is “going to go full HD (high definition) at that time,” and will broadcast over DirectTV not long after the move, said Natwick.

The Pentagon Channel is U.S. Department of Defense’s cable television channel and is headquartered in Alexandria, Va. about four miles south of the Pentagon. When it moves to Fort Meade, it will be located between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. The move is part of the “Base Realignment and Closure” (BRAC) policy, which is directing the closure of excess military installations.

I guess we will just have to see. There has been no press release by DirecTV. This press release was by Pentagon Channel, and if you look it up the tagline is "Pentagon Channel moving from Virginia to Maryland." So that was the main reason for the press release.

From the way I read that press release, I do not think it is saying that the Pentagon Channel will be in HD on DirecTV. I think it is saying that the channel is coming to DirecTV. The press release is poorly written, but from what I gather it is announcing three things, 1.) The channel is moving from Virginia to Maryland, 2.) They are launching a HD feed, 3.) The channel is coming to DirecTV. If you read it closely, no where does it state that it is launching in HD on DirecTV, a lot of people inferred that from the press release. I could very well be proven wrong, but I really dont think that DirecTV would waste the HD space right now on a channel such as this that appeals to a niche audience.
its "free" and it carries boxing

They had an excellent program Sunday night on the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon and the resulting memorial which I had not heard a thing about before that night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)