Pepper's last day

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Pepper the Dachzu has gotten sick the past few weeks, some kind of infection in his digestive system. He refuses to eat or drink and is basically miserable. We have had to resort to feeding him baby food and water with a syringe which he doesn't like one bit.

We feel that we have done everything that can be done at this point. Further treatment would be cost-prohibitive and at most he would gain six months to a year of additional lifetime. We have made the hard decision and will be taking him to visit the vet for the final time this afternoon. His suffering will be at an end.

Pepper has been our best friend and has unconditionally loved us for the past sixteen years and we will miss him terribly.

I cannot write any more right now because I cannot see through the tears.

Attachments

• 561_10u14u1899zeqfziqepiolw1njmz32nl2o.jpg
    561_10u14u1899zeqfziqepiolw1njmz32nl2o.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 561_10u14u0199jjmkuk550dl2gb45kcl05a45.jpg
    561_10u14u0199jjmkuk550dl2gb45kcl05a45.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 135
Pepper the Dachzu has gotten sick the past few weeks, some kind of infection in his digestive system. He refuses to eat or drink and is basically miserable. We have had to resort to feeding him baby food and water with a syringe which he doesn't like one bit.

We feel that we have done everything that can be done at this point. Further treatment would be cost-prohibitive and at most he would gain six months to a year of additional lifetime. We have made the hard decision and will be taking him to visit the vet for the final time this afternoon. His suffering will be at an end.

Pepper has been our best friend and has unconditionally loved us for the past sixteen years and we will miss him terribly.

I cannot write any more right now because I cannot see through the tears.

Very sorry to hear that. I don't want to extend your hopes but do you have a veterinary school near you? Many times they are 1/3 the cost of a normal vet center if cost is an issue.

Whatever happens don't discount yourself. It sounds like you have been a great, loving owner. Just try to focus on what a great life your dog has had.

Very sorry for your losses Pepper and dantheman. I'll be thinking about you. Pets can be great friends (sometimes better than people). Maybe time for some new puppies?

Thank you all for your kind words. We know it's the right thing to do, but that doesn't make it any easier.

That's too bad pepper. Pets are just like family members and it is hard to lose them.

We understand. I have been faced with the same decision. Based on what you have said you did the right thing but it is a very difficult decision to make and to carry out. You are absolutely right about unconditional love. No human can love you without conditions as a dog can. But part of taht si that Pepper always knew that you would make the right choices and this is one of them.

All I can really say is try to remember all the joy the dog brought you. Don't let your grief deprive you of those memories.

Pepper, I am very sorry to hear...as others have said pets are like family...Heck my two Dogs (a yellow lab and Golden) sneak up in bed with my wife and I at night. My thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear about that also. My thoughts are with you, I've gone through the same thing before, and I know how hard it is. I know you will remember all of the wonderful times that he brought to you and your family. God Bless

Im so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to make those decisions. It brings tears to my eyes just looking at that sweet little face. I know you have some great memories to hold onto.
When you are ready to add to your family again please consider a rescue.

I am also sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you had a chance for the rest of the family to say their proper goodbyes. It hurts a lot less that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts