Per-Room Control Restrictions?

dansgotstew

Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
United States
Hello,

Is there any way to restrict controls on a per-room basis? I don't mean parental control type stuff, I mean like prevent another room from changing your channel, rewinding, deleting a recording you set, etc?

Thanks.

The remotes should all run separately. The only way more than one remote will run a device is if you link them both to that device.

Not the remote controls. I meant like where you can "see what another room is watching", it sounds like that other room can also control your tuner as well, is there anyway to prevent the other room from rewinding/changing your channel?

I think he was more asking about what you were debating a few days ago Scherrman, in that if both the Joey and the Hopper are watching the same tuner, any action on one will affect the other. I.e. pause on the hopper, will also pause the joey at the same spot.

From reading Scott's writeup I don't think there is anything that will prevent that as there is no administrator mode where you can prevent any other person watching from affecting the tuner if both are watching the same tuner stream.

Correct?

I got it now. If you do not want someone else to have access to what you're watching the only way I know is to have a separate Hopper with an isolator inbetween. I'll have to look a little more about options in the menu to block others.

Also DVR recordings, it'd be nice to have it only show recordings your room setup, I can imagine a large household a user would find it annoying to have to search through other peoples recordings to find their stuff. Or to discover another user deleted their recordings. :D

As to the recordings, in reading Scott's review he said it was possible to setup folders then when you create the individual timers you can assign them to a certain folder to try to declutter if you create a folder for each person/receiver.

My install is next Saturday so I cannot comment using first hand knowledge yet.

Also DVR recordings, it'd be nice to have it only show recordings your room setup, I can imagine a large household a user would find it annoying to have to search through other peoples recordings to find their stuff. Or to discover another user deleted their recordings. :D

I'm pretty sure you can have your own folders. Even though it shows on all TVs you can access your own file of recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)