Perfect 10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jagee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Is the perfect 10 a good dish or just another brand name.I was given a 10footer the other day,But is it worth taking down then putting back up.

Any 10 foot dish is good when is free.

Perfect 10 is being making dishes over 20 years .

DKSat

I have probably installed over 50 of them in the 90s, they had the best signal. even installed a few of their 12 footers even nicer.

their only weakness is the part that attaches the dish to the polar mount, the metal there was thin and rusted very quick in florida humid salty conditions, and on earlier models the feed mount supports where very thin tubing, they fixed that on models around 1993.

Iám not sure if they later fixed the thin mount brackets in later models as I got out of the residential C-band installing business around the mid 90s
but the manufacturers did get plenty feedback from me, as I loved their dish for the signal and screwed on mesh panels, but like i said the brackets were a problem.

note: one of the reasons these brackets would rust, was the fact that when you tightened the mounting bolts, the paint at solder joints and corners of bracket would crack allowing moisture to reach the iron, so I always had some "Winter Grey" spray paint handy to paint those brackets and the pole.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)