Performance

enricong

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Whether I run the NR or CE, there is a significant lag when using the menu, guide, or just changing channels. Above all the great features, I think I'd trade most of them in if I could get a performance improvement that would allow me to snap to various menus, view the guide, or change channels without a noticeable lag. I certainly understand that when a piece of software is under development, the focus is on getting everything working before optimizing for speed. However, I am curious if a performance improvement is on the "to-do" list for the software development team.

I suppose I am asking, Is the performance due to a hardware limitation that cannot be fixed in software or is the performance slow because of software development?

Whether I run the NR or CE, there is a significant lag when using the menu, guide, or just changing channels. Above all the great features, I think I'd trade most of them in if I could get a performance improvement that would allow me to snap to various menus, view the guide, or change channels without a noticeable lag.

I downloaded CE x327 and so far I see a lot of improvement in these lag issues! Even the VOD guide is responding much faster than previous CE. No trade-in of features for performance necessary and I hope this lag problem is gone for good! This is only my second CE to download but I see a big difference so I think the DirecTv s/w engineers should get an "ATA BOY/High Five!" if the dreaded lag is gone! :up

Last edited:
LOL, it would be nice but reintroducing lag is pretty common. Partially, IMHO, because every time they introduce something new or make a change then it takes a couple weeks to re-tweak things.

LOL, it would be nice but reintroducing lag is pretty common. Partially, IMHO, because every time they introduce something new or make a change then it takes a couple weeks to re-tweak things.
True. even after all the tweaks its never perfect. very old and all too common of an issue :)

I must have missed every single CE for the last 2 years where they fixed the HR21-100 with AM 21 and made it "fast" after adding features.

I downloaded CE x327 and so far I see a lot of improvement in these lag issues! Even the VOD guide is responding much faster than previous CE. No trade-in of features for performance necessary and I hope this lag problem is gone for good! This is only my second CE to download but I see a big difference so I think the DirecTv s/w engineers should get an "ATA BOY/High Five!" if the dreaded lag is gone! :up

My remote lag is visiting me frequently but goes away for awhile. Still think this CE is much improved. The last one got better after a couple of days, maybe this one will too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)