Persistent error message with no error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisInLA

Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Los Angeles
A Service Interrupted (Ext 203) banner keeps appearing, even though there is no interruption of service. Payments are up-to-date and I get all my channels and services, with no problem, except this damn banner! I have reauthorized the device (a Genie HD box) multiple times, with a box reset, with and without a DTV tech on the line. The banner keeps reappearing. We've also disconnected from the satellite and from the power supply, to allow the memory buffers to dump, with no solution. Sometimes the banner drops out for a few minutes, but it always returns.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Any solution?

Thanks!

:welcome to Satelliteguys ChrisInLA!

That error code means you are behind in payments. Since you aren't, I have no idea why it would appear. Were you behind recently?

I had to update my credit card, but payments are current. And as I noted, there IS no interruption of service--just the stupid message banner! I just can't get rid of it.

Tried it. No banner yet, but there's always a delay before it reappears

I'm actually on a chat with a DTV tech in another tab. Your solution hadn't occurred to him!

Oops...it's back. We'll try deactivating and reactivating everything. If that doesn't work, I guess it's wait-for-the-tech to come out time.

Thanks anyway...

deactivating and reactivating should work. typically, if resetting doesn't resolve it, then removing the card/resetting/reinserting card fixes it. it's really strange that it's not working now though. really thought that would fix it. :/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts