Petition to change the high contrast colors on the DIRECTV guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CRUZN8R

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Long Beach, WA
They need to include a Display Preferences setting to change the high contrast colors on the DIRECTV guide.

I absolutely hate white text on a black background. Pure white text on a pure black background hurts my eyes, is hard to read, and produces annoying after-images.

I would much better like black text on a grey or light blue background.
Some people have astigmatism, cataracts, or distorted cornea. These people have vision accessibility issues with high contrast themes.

I petition they add the Display Preferences setting to change the high contrast colors on the DIRECTV guide. They can keep the color theme they have for those who like it, but please allow users who don't like it to select a preference.

What do you think?
Do you agree there should be a setting?
cleardot.gif

That's actually a good idea, if nothing else for the accessibility of it. I'm nobody important enough to make that happen directly but I will say something to my higher ups.

Sounds like a good idea to me, simple menu option. I like the colors but totally understand why others wouldn't

Email the office of the president. I do agree how it can be strain on the eyes. There should be color choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to include a Display Preferences setting . . . .

What do you think?
Do you agree there should be a setting?
cleardot.gif
Been suggested that there be different themes that can picked in a preset setup, for the last few years. All 'Preset' suggestions have fallen on deaf ears.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts