Phase 3/Trouble hitting 101 on middle

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MarNan

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
We have a phase 3 dish. From other forum discussions, it seems we should be able to use this dish with fortec ultra lifetime receiver to pick-up 91, 101 and 110... The 101 is the reference point for the middle lnb-- we know there's nothing on that for fta, but according to other instructions, if we get 101 on the middle lnb, then it's a matter of correctly adjusting skew to get 91 and 110 on the outer lnbs.

Problem--- we are only able to pick-up birds on our right lnb (standing behind dish). Can get great signal (using old dave receiver) for 101, but only on the right. Also able to get 110 or 91 w/ the right lnb. We cover the right lnb, adjust dish but unable to hit any signal for middle or left.

Equip- phase 3 dish (no modifications made)
Fortec lifetime ultra receiver
Trying to use dave receiver to hit 101 signal

Does anyone have any suggestions? We don't want to add additional LNBs-- already have a separate dish for 119. Also, please confirm whether or not the phase 3 does not allow pick-up for 110 and 119 w/fta.

Thanks!!!

MarNan said:
The 101 is the reference point for the middle lnb-- we know there's nothing on that for fta
Actually, there is quite a bit of FTA on AMC4 at 101, but the DirecTV dish won't work for it. See http://www.lyngsat.com/amc4.html.
MarNan said:
but according to other instructions, if we get 101 on the middle lnb, then it's a matter of correctly adjusting skew to get 91 and 110 on the outer lnbs.
There is not much FTA on 91 and 110 with that dish and LNB setup. See here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25452

Also, I'm not sure those DirecTV triple-LNBs will work with an FTA receiver, maybe someone can confirm... but of course they will work with a 'dave' (DirecTV) receiver.

A phase 3 dish will not work for FTA. What it does is combine 110 and 119 I believe into the 101 signal, making the Directv receiver think all transponders are on one sat. The phase 3 is designed to work with that Directv receiver you have, but not the FTA one.

101(DBS) doesn't have anything on it as far as FTA goes. Carefull if you are asking about anytype of hacks.

The LNBs on the PhaseIII are all circular polarity only and thus no good for FTA/DVB applications. So , even if you sighted circular polarity signals, they are all encrypted pay services and no good to your Fortec receiver. Spend $50 - $80 (31" or bigger) and buy a nice Fortec dish with the correct LNB, or a bit more and add a motor. This link is just one option, search around for the best pricing. http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes.htm

OK, nevermind, I saw it listed another post/thread link inside there with the info.

All E* stuff:
NASA
Angel One
GolTV
Some audio
and the rest are info/promo only.

Is that the list?

No Prob. The Pentagon channel has been added to the above, its now on 61.5w and 148w As is a Japanese channel and a few more of little or no interest, to myself.

Me neither, thats why I was really just trying to make the point to that new user that he'd be best off avoiding the pay DBS gear for his/her FTA hobby.

PSB said:
No Prob. The Pentagon channel has been added to the above, its now on 61.5w and 148w As is a Japanese channel and a few more of little or no interest, to myself.

Pentagon channel is not FTA on 61.5 & 148 :)

The Phase3 combines half the transponders from the 110 position and the 119 position together (I believe evens from 110, and odds from 119), and puts them on a 22kHz switch as the "on" postion. The only lnb not touched is the 101 position.

If you are aiming the 101 position at 91, the 110 at 101, and 119 at 110.. then only 91 will work fully, as 101 will have evens only, and 110 will have odds only (or vice-versa)

I also bought a Phase3 for music use, but instead gave it to my mother (who had a Phase2 dish), and took hers, since it has positions for 3 standard LNBs. I have it currently pointed at 101, 110, and 119, but I only installed LNBs for 110 and 119 for right now. (Actually listening to my Muzak right now ;) )

What I will do later is get a linear LNB which looks like the D* ones, and put it in the 101 position, and hopefully the small dish will actually pick it up.

Bottom line is, Try to get your hands on a Phase 2 dish instead, the eliptical dish, with the seperate LNBs.

the dtv 110 lnb only sees 3 transponders: 8, 10, 12 (all even) as ultatryon states, but the 119 sees evens and odd from tp 22 to 32 www.lyngsat.com/119west.html .
sat c is combined with sat b (119) by some sort of bandwidth seperator/combiner (aka the sat c diplexer) to add in the lower frequency sat 110 transponders to the higher freq 119 sat. kind of like how a uhf/ vhf combiner/ splitter works.
can a FTA send a 22k tone? if not you can buy a 22k tone generator (small inline andcheap ) and use your disq switch with one line to the lnb without the generator, and one line with the generator.

What are all of the channels you can get in the clear with a dish receiver that has a card but no autorization?

I seem to remember quite a few before i activated my account.

Wholeshoe

Wholeshoe said:
What are all of the channels you can get in the clear with a dish receiver that has a card but no autorization?

I seem to remember quite a few before i activated my account.

Wholeshoe

are you talking about Dish Network?

101-dish 101
103-ppv preview (also on 500)
139-sports preview (also on 450)
all the PI's on 61.5/148
the knockoff shopping channels
Nasa (213)
Angel One (262)

now the only issue is Dish is figuring this out and somehow making it so when you go to anything other than 101, it says "your smartcard is not authorized to view this program"....that's what the old 5000 does now...use to not do that

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts