Phase II HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GordonR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
New Hampshire
I have read bits and pieces mentioning a second phase to new HD launches.
Does anyone any specifics or insight on what that may entail?

Thanks!

EPIX HD should be here by the end of the month

EPIX and Dish Network have to work on Email problem
so Dish Customers can access and watch movies on EPIXHD.com

Has there been anything official or a source about this? Besides Epix HD, the only other two channels that did not make the new HD list last time were QVC HD and Shorts HD. Anyone know about any more channels, or if this second launch is definitely happening?

Has there been anything official or a source about this? Besides Epix HD, the only other two channels that did not make the new HD list last time were QVC HD and Shorts HD. Anyone know about any more channels, or if this second launch is definitely happening?
They were also talking Outdoor Channel HD when Scott first shared the rumors.

Since all the hoopla over the launch of the new hd on the 72.7 sat, I wonder if they won't wait to launch the second wave until they do all the 1000.4 sat dish upgrades. They already pissed off a multitude of subs and even Swanni himself made an issue out of it on his Tv predictions website. They might just wait in order to avoid more bad headlines and bad publicity. DISH should of already upgraded all their HD subs in eastern arc territory in order to avoid this mess. That's what you get when you try to do it on the cheap. It ends up costing a whole lot more.

I've seen mention of IFC-HD

I've seen mention of IFC-HD

JDGJr,

Yes, as in IFC isn't coming to Dish anytime soon. Rainbow Media (Owner of IFC) and Dish are not on good terms as they are in litigation over the removal of the Voom Channels. This Litigation will not end until late this year at the earliest. Until there is a resolution to this litigation NO IFC HD on Dish Network.

John

Actually since Dish finally made the decision of allowing HD on 72.7 they have a lot more capacity available right now vs having to wait for the end of the year. They just need to start converting 110/119 to 8PSK and they can go HD crazy before the 61.5 satellite goes up.

D12 goes live in May, if Charlie was smart, he would launch phase 2 and 3 before then. Because, once DTV gets hold of D12, they are going HD CRAZY.

D12 goes live in May, if Charlie was smart, he would launch phase 2 and 3 before then. Because, once DTV gets hold of D12, they are going HD CRAZY.

I hope so, an escalation in the HD war would be good for subscribers of both services.

Well Directv will have to start by adding the hd channels that DISH already has that they don't. There is a lot of premium movie channels that Directv doesn't even have. How can Directv claim to be a premium sat service when they don't have but a few Hd premium movie channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)