Phase III vrs Phase I or II

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
In my neighborhood we can't see 119 from the rooftops. I solved my problem with my RCA DSA8900E dish that had 2 lnbs and one empty spot (later used for the 'C' 110 sat) by taking the dish mounted (not integeral) multiswitch off, running the 2 cables from 101 to my garage where I had the switch, and putting up the original round dish on the property line to see 119 and running
its 2 cables to the "B" sat in on the 4x4. All was fine as it continues to be with the 110 added. (from the property line we can't see 110 or 101)

My neighbor has the new Terk with the integrated multiswitch and can't see 119. I am willing to and have mounted another dish on the property line for hime, but can't hook it to his integrated switch. Even if we use the external Terk switch and sent this round dish to a 5x8 as sat B, we would loose sat C as that is mixed in the internal multiswitch.

But... what if.... I used a combiner to pass the 110 since the 119 with it is NOTHING... or would it be best to cover the 119 lnb with something. Since I would not need nor could not use a full "C Kit", is the combiner simply a higher freqency splitter hooked backwards (and labeled as such)?
Barry

The combiner also has filtering in it to filter out unwanted channels from each leg.

If I understand your situation correctly, you both can receive 101 and 110 from your roofs, but you need a separate dish mounted eslewhere to get 119. If he is ONLY going to get 119 from you, he will need a cascadable multiswitch AND a signal combiner that will allow the 110 & 119 signal to come from two different sources. His external multiswitch will have two inputs from his phase III for 101, one cable that goes directly to you for 119 odd, and another input will be fed from the combiner, with one leg that goes to his phase III for 110, and another leg that goes to you for 119 even. This could be done with a separate dish on your property pointed to 119, or a multiswitch between your dish and the existing multiswitch that would give your 119 dish more outputs (two for you, and two for him).

Alternatively, he could get both 110 & 119 from you by still running two cables to you, and inserting a cascadable multiswitch downstream of your existing multiswitch. This would then use your existing combiner to handle the 110/119 combining.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts