Phil DMA, NBC HD LiL outtage

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
Two questions:

1) The NBC HD LiL has been out, in my area, for over a day now... what gives, does anyone know?

2) Why is it that when the E* local is out (NBC in this case), I am unable to tune the same OTA local? This is not only counterintuitive... but, a complete pain in my arse! :mad:

Thanks in advance for your kinds replies :D

Allin4greeN said:
Two questions:

1) The NBC HD LiL has been out, in my area, for over a day now... what gives, does anyone know?

2) Why is it that when the E* local is out (NBC in this case), I am unable to tune the same OTA local? This is not only counterintuitive... but, a complete pain in my arse! :mad:

Thanks in advance for your kinds replies :D

If Phily is not broadcasting their OTA signal, how can E* provide it?

Philadelphia NBC (WCAU) 10/10.1, is still not broadcasting... Anyone have an idea as to what's going on? :what I've tried looking up info at their web site, but none is given...

yup ota is down, but I figured dish would've had a fiber for this one. Makes you wonder which stations dish is pulling OTA. Also since this station is owned by NBC I don't see why dish couldn't have replaced it with WNBC

Ya, it just seemed odd to me that they'd be down for 36-48 hours, or more. I guess E* doesn't prioritize their fiber coverage? For a DMA the size of Phil to be down this long...

I'm glad I saw this. I thought my 811 was going bad. Philly 10.1 just sits there going back and forth from 0% to 49% to 90% and then back down. It just wouldn't lock. I'm very happy to know this isn't a problem on my end.

Anyone else having problems with NBC again? I'm seeing major signal problems with the OTA and no video (have audio) on the HD LiL...

It's not like we're in a major market or anything :rolleyes:

I was having the problem

I was getting sound but no picture. I tuned to the SD cuz the comics were kinda funny. 8152 I think it was....and that signal was fine. It not like "Last Comic" was HD anyways....