Phillips 34PW8502

Status
Not open for further replies.

macfisto2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Hello,

I'm looking at a factory re-conditioned Phillips 34PW8502. Does anyone have any information on this TV?? It's currently selling for $867 including shipping directly from Philips. What kind of drawbacks are invloved with buying a factory reconditioned TV? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

I have this same model TV (for about 1 year now). Only major complaint is that it can't hold vertical geometry well. I can set it perfect on a test screen and also using other images only to have the next show I watch severly bleed over the "Normal" 4x3 boxes or skewed vertical lines. It is most visible on white background or white images. All else is great (color, contrast, brightness, etc).
Considering the price is about 1/2 of what I paid though, you are still getting a very good TV for the money.

Small Signal Board problem

ctrombet said:
I have this same model TV (for about 1 year now). Only major complaint is that it can't hold vertical geometry well. I can set it perfect on a test screen and also using other images only to have the next show I watch severly bleed over the "Normal" 4x3 boxes or skewed vertical lines. It is most visible on white background or white images. All else is great (color, contrast, brightness, etc).
Considering the price is about 1/2 of what I paid though, you are still getting a very good TV for the money.

I also have this same problem which results in "bowing" of high contrast scenes, mostly at the top of the screen. This can be reduced by reducing the level of contrast to about 60 in the onscreen settings, but the problem - according to a service tech - is the "Small Signal Board." A technical engineering guy at Philips confirmed with the service tech that this is a common problem. Despite this, Philips has refused to cover the labor to repair this problem due to the tv being out of its 90 day free labor period on the warranty. Bad warranty, bad service and bad problem. Wish I had bought the Sony for the extra couple hundred buck and got a much better warranty (two years parts and service). :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsubishi WD-73927

SD Picture Quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)