Philly area 6ABC, WHYY (12.1 - 12.3), and MeTV(2.1 - 2.6) issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mattyb

Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
PA
Hi all,

I live in the Philly area and am having reception issues with a few channels. A few weeks ago 6ABC and WHYY (12.X) dropped off completely and MeTV (2.X) comes in very poorly. I've rescanned a number of times and checked my antenna but can't seem to figure out what's happening. I didn't think there was any repack activities planned for those channels but I could be mistaken. From my roof I can see the towers in Philly so I know everything's pointed where it should be. Here's the link to my report from Rabbitears: RabbitEars.Info
Does anyone have any ideas as to why I've suddenly got reception issues?
Thanks!
Matt

Any new electronics, like lightbulbs or computers or the like? Any chance the VHF section of your antenna is damaged?

- Trip

Nope nothing's new. It's been the same for a few years now. I don't believe the antenna is damaged but I can check that this afternoon when I get home.

New street lamps? New electronics owned by the neighbors? New power bricks for any of your electronics? Anything seem like it's dying and radiating noise in its death throes?

All the stations you've cited are VHF stations, and VHF has terrible noise problems. I'm asking specifically because those are things that commonly wipe out VHF reception and leave UHF alone.

- Trip

Thanks Trip but there have been no changes in our neighborhood from an electrical standpoint. It's pretty boring.

Does your antenna have a preamp? If so it may be overloaded by the new repacked signals. Try simple rabbit ears.

Thanks. I'll pick one up. I guess I've been lucky up until this point because we've gotten all of the VHF channels for years without an antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)