Phoenix HD Locals

pda32

Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I am having severe lip sync issues on the Phoenix ABC and NBC stations through Dish, it only happens during HD programming. Is anyone else who has Phoenix locals experiencing these problems? I have contacted the dish quality department and have not received an answer. I am trying to find if my 622 is bad or the mpeg4 encoding is bad.
Thanks, Paul

Yes, me to. sometimes very bad with phoenix locals in HD with the 622. Sometimes a reboot helps alittle. Glad I'am not the only one.
Thanks
Robert

When you send the email be specific on what's happening. Be polite and be informative. I had the same thing in Portland and my emails were answered and more questions asked. They will respond it takes them a while to but they do want to make it right.

Hmmm I haven't really noticed, to be fair though now that the normal season programming is on break I don't watch the locals all that much. I know for sure it wasn't like that during the finales weeks.

I just received a response from dishquality regarding my complaint of Phoenix HD ABC and NBC.

Dear Mr. Anderson;

Thank you for your information. Last night we confirmed Lip Sync on KSAZ also in your area. We will keep monitoring the two channels that you have given us as well. As you are aware HD technology is relatively new and therefore new challenges must be overcome. We thank you for your patience, your help, and your understanding. We appreciate your assistance in this effort! You are truly a valued customer.

EchoStar Satellite LLC
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.