Phone Lines

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fredbenz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
St. Cloud, Minnesota
So today i Activated 625's on two different ocasions. This morning i activated it with the automated activation hotline. And this afternoon i did a dishin it up promotion. Both times i told them no phone line and both times i had to call back after it blocked out the screen with its "Connect a Phone line" message and then the Idiots had to send me to tech support and that took for ever. 15 minutes the first time and 45 the second time. So they Typed something and i reset it and it went away. Phone lines are stupid. I love the caller id feature but it makes it hard alot of times Cause alot of these houses i do installs on have no phone lines where i put receivers let alone friggin coax. So im just venting. Did two one meter dishes on different houses in the rain. Hooah.

I've noticed lately that the IVR not only takes longer to activate receivers (approx. 20 minutes) it also does some pretty weird things with the phone bypass option. What I've been doing is waiting 15 minutes after calling in to activate the receiver and THEN doing a front panel reset. Most times that seems to clear any annoying phone nag screen.

The reason that happens is because if you're activating two dual tuners on an account and both need bypasses it adds the code to bypass the phoneline on once. Then it multiplies this code x 2, this should cover both boxes. It doesn't.

If you have two dual tuners most likely you'll end up calling back and asking for the second bypass to be added again, easily done by selecting the code and adding it. Once it is added it changes from Bypass X 2 to two seperate bypasses and you'll be good.

If the CSR you talk to notices that there are two phoneline fees already on the account, s/he will think that there is enough and transfer you to tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)