This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

phoneline and network connection question

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
If i have my 625 and 722 reciever hooked up via the Nic on back of the recievers do I still need a phone line so I dont get charged the extra service fee? I rather use my network connection instead of phoneline.

Thanks

If you have broadband connected you don't need the phone line. The only thing is though if you don't have a phone line connected, you will not have called id. Like garys said, your 625 doen't have a broadband connection. Phone line only.

Try belt and suspenders--phone for caller ID and broadband for remote access. Then if either is failing and you haven't noticed, you have a backup.

I think we tend to forget the real reason for the phone hookup is to ensure you pay for PPV.... I found the $5 charge on my bill, called, and hope it is removed. All 3 recorders were always connected. Actually the prior month only had one "TV2 Receiver Connection" charge for $0. This month's was $5+$0. I have AEP. Of course, they don't credit immediately--"billed in advance." It made me act to remove a lingering DHPP charge so they lost money although only the DHPP charge is acknowledged by e-mail from the CSR call--the phone is a separate department. What refund? All receivers now have both B & S.

-Ken