phoneline and network connection question

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
If i have my 625 and 722 reciever hooked up via the Nic on back of the recievers do I still need a phone line so I dont get charged the extra service fee? I rather use my network connection instead of phoneline.

Thanks

If you have broadband connected you don't need the phone line. The only thing is though if you don't have a phone line connected, you will not have called id. Like garys said, your 625 doen't have a broadband connection. Phone line only.

Try belt and suspenders--phone for caller ID and broadband for remote access. Then if either is failing and you haven't noticed, you have a backup.

I think we tend to forget the real reason for the phone hookup is to ensure you pay for PPV.... I found the $5 charge on my bill, called, and hope it is removed. All 3 recorders were always connected. Actually the prior month only had one "TV2 Receiver Connection" charge for $0. This month's was $5+$0. I have AEP. Of course, they don't credit immediately--"billed in advance." It made me act to remove a lingering DHPP charge so they lost money although only the DHPP charge is acknowledged by e-mail from the CSR call--the phone is a separate department. What refund? All receivers now have both B & S.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)