dish.sling.com - unable to register DVR

usmaak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Hey,

I have a vip722 DVR that is connected to the internet. I can go to Menu + 6 + 1 + 9 + 1 and see that it is connected. I can also go into my router and see the connection. Yet when I try to register the DVR, I get the following message:

Your DISH DVR does not apper to be online.

It is online. I can even ping it from within my network. Any ideas what else I can do to get this to work? I also made triple sure that I was using the correct receiver id.

Thanks

Try using the remote access site through your dish network account. Login to your account via dishnetwork.com and find the link. Maybe it will work there.

Try using the remote access site through your dish network account. Login to your account via dishnetwork.com and find the link. Maybe it will work there.
I would definitely do that if I could. Unfortunately I got Dish through ATT, and that's not an option for me. I have to use sling.com.

Outside of triple-checking that you got the DVR ID number correct, I'm not sure what to suggest. Note that it may take a little while for DISH to find the DVR after you've set it up for the first time. If you don't see the Ethernet port activity light flashing once in awhile, something is wrong.

As always, verify that the Broadband Connection status is "Connected Online".

Outside of triple-checking that you got the DVR ID number correct, I'm not sure what to suggest. Note that it may take a little while for DISH to find the DVR after you've set it up for the first time. If you don't see the Ethernet port activity light flashing once in awhile, something is wrong.

As always, verify that the Broadband Connection status is "Connected Online".
:) I can't get it set up. That's the problem I'm having.

I guess it's not all that important. Life is too short for dealing with stupid computers.

:) I can't get it set up. That's the problem I'm having.
Did you triple check the receiver ID you entered on the Sling website with the actual info screen? Print the form out if you can't see the TV from the computer.

It really isn't that hard if you're diligent and using the right number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)