vip 722 OTA problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TLaz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
I can't receive audio from a subchannel of a local PBS stationon my vip 722 receiver. I can receive both video and audio of the main and first subchannel and video only for the third channel (49.3).

I can receive the audio correctly on the other receivers in the house which are non echostar receivers.

The station is WEAO in Akron OH.

Is there a known problem with the 722 series or has anyone successfully received audio on WEAO 49.3?

I've had this problem on our local PBS affiliate (WETA), but only via my kworld ATSC tuner stick. Usually changing to a different subchannel and back again clears that problem.

My 722 hasn't shown your problem. Probably WEAO has screwed up their PSIP data in some obscure way. We've had real "fun" around here (Washington DC area) over the last year as stations figure out how to broadcast digitally. We've seen new subchannels coming on and killing the main HD channel, channels with no sound, channels with no video, and we once saw a main HD channel offered with an illicit video resolution. (The PSIP data was correct, it just wasn't one of the 18 modes valid for ATSC tuners. That didn't bother my tuner stick, but every TV out there seemed to exhibit a different problem including half the screen being lime green.)

You might try complaining to WEAO, but if they're like WETA, your complaint will never make it to an engineer. The PR weenies will capture your missive and deny that it's their problem. If they answer you at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts