phoneline needed for HR20-700?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Didn't you post this question a couple of days ago, at which time you stated that you were in Canada and as a result your post was removed?

I said it before and I'll say it again. Don't ask us to aid you in your illegal endeavors.

From the D* website:

Is DIRECTV service available in Canada or Mexico?

We are legally prohibited from transmitting the DIRECTV signal outside the United States. However, DIRECTV Latin America transmits to Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Also by law Directv's receivers must to connected to a LAND based phone line.How does a person get sevice in Canada?? Wouldn't you have to call directv to activate service?Just wondering why it can still be done?

Also by law Directv's receivers must to connected to a LAND based phone line.How does a person get sevice in Canada?? Wouldn't you have to call directv to activate service?Just wondering why it can still be done?

Uhm, not to make anyone mad but directv doesnt require all receivers to have a phone line connected, its not a law, its one of their guidelines, none of my receivers are connected to phone lines (mostly because i have VOIP and they cant dial out) and my tivo units dial in through PPP over Serial.

I have advised D* about this and they do not care at all. I just cant order PPV from my remote.

I however will not answer the OPs question as it seems he would be violating Canada law.

Uhm, not to make anyone mad but directv doesnt require all receivers to have a phone line connected, its not a law, its one of their guidelines, none of my receivers are connected to phone lines (mostly because i have VOIP and they cant dial out) and my tivo units dial in through PPP over Serial.

I have advised D* about this and they do not care at all. I just cant order PPV from my remote.

I however will not answer the OPs question as it seems he would be violating Canada law.

Correct,
D* would like you to have them connected, but it's not paramont.
I have 3 rec's and only one hooked to a phone line, only reason is I'm not about to run more lines to other rooms if I don't have too, I've got way to many other priorities around here.
All you have to do is let D* know you won't be plugging a perticular unit into a phone line and they will still activate it.
There are an increasing amount of peopel that do not have a land based phone line anymore, so they would be shooting themselves it the foot if they decided that a phone line was a nessesity.

Jimbo

i'm closing this thread. i believe the op wanted to obtain illegal service in canada and has subsequentially deleted the post. we've hashed the phone line issue until we're all blue in the face.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)