Phonex Easy Jack?

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Has any one used these? I guess you just plug them in your AC outlet and run the phone line from your receiver to the easy jack.

I used to use one on my second receiver, an RCA model I believe. It worked OK but I replaced it with a hard-line so I could see the caller id information. At the time RCA made 2 models, mine was the cheaper of the 2.

NightRyder

Poke said:
Has any one used these? I guess you just plug them in your AC outlet and run the phone line from your receiver to the easy jack.
I installed a Phonex jack for my son's TiVo and it works just fine. Should work with Dish receivers with no problem.

alot of rca models stated on the package "compatible with caller id",but when you bring it home and read the book....it has a "notice" included in the package saying "this model does not support caller id".......kinda misleading....advertising.so stay away from rca models.

The Phonex is Dish Network approved & sold on the Dish site. I'd bet it's the better one. They are like only $19.95 on Ebay, but $49-79 most places.

I had the first version out and it was terrible. The second one, which has been out for several years, has been fine. It has been replaced by newer ones since then, and those appear to be as fine as advertised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts