Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Does SatelliteGuys use them? For postings or ads?

Lots of eBay, etc listings have been hit by the policy change. Details at various news sites.

I was noticing this on a couple other forums I visit where folks have used PhotoBucket-hosted images in their posts...wondered what was up with them.

EDIT...just googled some news stories on this. Wow, what a cruddy move with almost no notice.

I was smart when I moved over to Xenforo I setup a photo proxy which means when every someone posts or links to a photo that photo is downloaded and stored by our servers.

This was done just in case something like this happened. If a server somewhere went offline then thousands of threads here would be broken and would be missing important data.

Of course the other thing that the image proxy does is it scans all the photos when they are downloaded so it keeps you safe from bad attachment which contain viruses and malware. This mean everything coming off of our servers is clean to you.

And because we store the images they are also stored by our cloud servers so it makes SatelliteGuys faster for you as well.

I was noticing this on a couple other forums I visit where folks have used PhotoBucket-hosted images in their posts...wondered what was up with them.
Yep, it was a popular way to get around the 100 MB "Free" limit on the Escape Owners forum. So far, I've been able to continue to use my DropBox account to host my high-res content. Some day, however, they may catch on and then some of my posts there may resemble this:
BadImage.png
or
BadImageLink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts