Photos Albums on the 622

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
I have been transferring photos to my 622 using a flash drive. This has worked fine for the last 6 weeks or so. My usual practice was to copy photo files from my computer to a flash drive, transfer them to the 622, then use the computer to delete files on the flash drive to make room for more. I discovered two things today. One, the picture memory is limited on the 622. I had 33 albums of about 50 pictures each when I received notice of no more room available. I had to delete some albums to make room for newer ones. Two, I used the 622 to delete files on flash drive after transfer. Bad decision. It deleted some of them, corrupted others. I now have files on the flash drive with a file name and no content. I am unable to remove them. If plugged into the 622, the tv screen goes blank, restoration requires turning off the 622 and waiting a few minutes. I bought Dish to deliver tv programing and consider this photo function to be a “bonus,” however, I am very unhappy with an apparent software glitch which ruined my flash drive. Has anyone had a similar problem or know how to fix the flash drive. Guess I could call Dish and ask them to send a replacement…

I don't understand how your flash drive is "ruined". You have the originals of your photos on your computer (and hopefully backups on a CD-ROM) right? So you haven't lost your photos. Just format your flash drive and the corrupted files should be gone and the drive ready for use again.

Easy. On a PC, open My Computer, then right-click and hold over your flash drive. A pop-up menu will open. Select Format from the list of options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)