Photos Albums on the 622

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
I have been transferring photos to my 622 using a flash drive. This has worked fine for the last 6 weeks or so. My usual practice was to copy photo files from my computer to a flash drive, transfer them to the 622, then use the computer to delete files on the flash drive to make room for more. I discovered two things today. One, the picture memory is limited on the 622. I had 33 albums of about 50 pictures each when I received notice of no more room available. I had to delete some albums to make room for newer ones. Two, I used the 622 to delete files on flash drive after transfer. Bad decision. It deleted some of them, corrupted others. I now have files on the flash drive with a file name and no content. I am unable to remove them. If plugged into the 622, the tv screen goes blank, restoration requires turning off the 622 and waiting a few minutes. I bought Dish to deliver tv programing and consider this photo function to be a “bonus,” however, I am very unhappy with an apparent software glitch which ruined my flash drive. Has anyone had a similar problem or know how to fix the flash drive. Guess I could call Dish and ask them to send a replacement…

WildBill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 27, 2004
Florida
I don't understand how your flash drive is "ruined". You have the originals of your photos on your computer (and hopefully backups on a CD-ROM) right? So you haven't lost your photos. Just format your flash drive and the corrupted files should be gone and the drive ready for use again.

WildBill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 27, 2004
Florida
Easy. On a PC, open My Computer, then right-click and hold over your flash drive. A pop-up menu will open. Select Format from the list of options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts