Physical Address

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rustolemite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Pineville, LA
Have been buying my receivers from solid signal because my "physical address" is not where the service is located. Can I get DTV to ship a receiver to another location (work) instead of my physical address on file? Also want to turn one receiver off and I know they will want it back do they send a box for return shipping? If so will they ship to another address.

Thanks

Is your billing address you actual location? If so, have them send the return box to the BILLING address. I have done that before, just have to make sure you are clear with them on it.

Is your billing address you actual location? If so, have them send the return box to the BILLING address. I have done that before, just have to make sure you are clear with them on it.

yeah it is ... now do you think they will send a new receiver to this address as well?

yeah it is ... now do you think they will send a new receiver to this address as well?

One mix up aside, I have had not problems whatsoever with them sending a new box, or the return kit to my billing address. Again, make sure you are clear with them which address to use, make them repeat it back to you! lol. It will work fine.

Our of curiosity, if you're getting a new receiver, what is the advantage of ordering it from DirecTV as opposed to someone like Solid Signal? I can't think of anything, unless you're eligible for some kind of a discount.

On a related note, I was reading on "another" forum that for any defective equipment swaps, DirecTV is requiring a truck roll, instead of just sending a replacement. I haven't seen any talk of that around here though, so wondering if that is just a rumor?

On a related note, I was reading on "another" forum that for any defective equipment swaps, DirecTV is requiring a truck roll, instead of just sending a replacement. I haven't seen any talk of that around here though, so wondering if that is just a rumor?

They generally want to do some trouble shooting, but it is nothing that is not fairly easy to get out of. The times I have had to have one replaced, the boxes were dead (lightning), and I simply told them that they would not power on. I had tried multiple power cables, and several different outlets, so a service call is a waste of money (true). They said, ok, lets get you a replacement sent out now.

That has been my experience as well, which is why I was kind of surprised to read elsewhere that people were saying that there was a new procedure where all replacements had to be done by a tech.

Our of curiosity, if you're getting a new receiver, what is the advantage of ordering it from DirecTV as opposed to someone like Solid Signal? I can't think of anything, unless you're eligible for some kind of a discount.

Generally, I would say you would do better thru D*, however, at this time with people wanting the new H/HR24's your better off to go thru a separate vendor as D* cannot/will not guarantee what recvr you'll get.

They generally want to do some trouble shooting, but it is nothing that is not fairly easy to get out of. The times I have had to have one replaced, the boxes were dead (lightning), and I simply told them that they would not power on. I had tried multiple power cables, and several different outlets, so a service call is a waste of money (true). They said, ok, lets get you a replacement sent out now.
I have had the same experience. But what makes it much easier is to get the $5/month insurance plan. Then it is no questions asked, they quickly and easily send a new one to the service address. I have my friend who actually lives where I "moved" to forward it to me.
I don't have the stones to tell them to ship to billing address. I don't want to endanger my NY TV in FL.

But what makes it much easier is to get the $5/month insurance plan. Then it is no questions asked, they quickly and easily send a new one to the service address. I have my friend who actually lives where I "moved" to forward it to me.

Whew, I'd be too nervous that they would insist on sending someone out to do the replacement ...

Have been buying my receivers from solid signal because my "physical address" is not where the service is located. Can I get DTV to ship a receiver to another location (work) instead of my physical address on file? Also want to turn one receiver off and I know they will want it back do they send a box for return shipping? If so will they ship to another address.

Thanks

As long as you're not breaking the DIRECTV service agreement I wouldn't worry about it.

They will send the "recovery kit" (aka the box to return a receiver) to the billing address. They are doing that for me. Just verify the address with the rep.

well I called Friday for my recovery kit and in front of the door today at my billing address...

ta da....recovery kit :)

i always get them to ship to my work address. i simply tell them that if it goes to my house the driver will leave it in plain sight in the drive where it is subject to rain or theft and as such i will not be responsible for it. they never give me any issues.

well I called Friday for my recovery kit and in front of the door today at my billing address...

ta da....recovery kit :)

I called today to deactivate an H20 -- when I verified the shipping address of the recovery kit, they read back my service address. When I asked if it could be sent to my billing address, they said no. No big deal, but funny how my experience is NEVER the same as everybody else! Also, I've read elsewhere that the H20-600 is on the "do not return" list and they don't want them back. Of course, my experience is just the opposite ...

Jimbo
I called on a Friday and got the box Wednesday...they send it fedex ground

You should get it tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest

If you dont see it by Wednesday call them back. The rep told me when I called back is the system normally creates the "recovery kit" order but it sometimes the order doesnt go through

At least they were cool about it when I called the 2nd time and was honest. Not like Dish ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts