Piazza Retires

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Mike Piazza announced his retirement today.

Mike,

Thanks for all those wonderful memories @ Dodger Stadium. I'll never forget you. And I'm proud to say that I was there that Sunday evening when you literally hit one OUT of Dodger Stadium and hit a palm tree in the parking lot!

See you in Coopertown in 5 years, dude!:up

We Mets fans will never forget him either.....

I still jeer at Clemens (and enjoy his public humiliation right now) over his throwing a ball at Piazza's head (since Raj was cranky that Piazza was hitting .500 off of him at the time), and then later throwing a shattered bat remnant at him in the World Series.

Evidently, Roger didn't like hard objects flying towards HIS direction... That was his MO....

I look forward to Piazza getting into the Hall of Fame in 5 years....

We Mets fans will never forget him either.....

I still jeer at Clemens (and enjoy his public humiliation right now) over his throwing a ball at Piazza's head (since Raj was cranky that Piazza was hitting .500 off of him at the time), and then later throwing a shattered bat remnant at him in the World Series.

Evidently, Roger didn't like hard objects flying towards HIS direction... That was his MO....

I look forward to Piazza getting into the Hall of Fame in 5 years....

It is also looking more like Clemens may not ever get voted in!!!! wouldn't that be wonderful for all the Yankee Haters. I know he played most of his career in Boston, but I have an instant dislike for anyone who has ever put on a Yankee uniform.

Clemens will join Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, Palmiero and a few others on the Steroid List that get ignored.....

I think Pete Rose will get in before any of them will.....

I am pleased (though not surprised) that every comment re: Mike and his career that I have read or heard since yesterday's announcement has been totally positive.

He is truly a class act!:up

I am pleased (though not surprised) that every comment re: Mike and his career that I have read or heard since yesterday's announcement has been totally positive.

He is truly a class act!:up

Yup. Piazza has my respect. Great ambassador for the game. He played the game hard and the way it was supposed to be played. He will be missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts