Picking up more work in your area? What do you do?

OkSatPro

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
I am wanting to ask other installers and or retailers what you do get more Dish customers signed on in your respective areas.

What are your most effective tips for generating calls...

such as do you Canvas areas you are installing in with flyers or knock on the doors and talk with the folks... maybe leave flyers or such like in local businesses or even business cards...

Just what have you found to be the most effective?

:) Respectively some may not want to answer as to not generate competition...

I understand but just wanted to see what is working best for others...

out of all the advertising the company i work for does, which includes (newspaper ads, blanket flyers, the occasional door to door sales) our most profitable advertising is on the radio. The owner of the company goes on the radio for about 5 minutes in the morning 3 days a week, and just talks to the dj and goes over the latest specials and promotions... we get a ton of calls after every session. Then he also has short spots throughout the day

OkSatPro said:
I am wanting to ask other installers and or retailers what you do get more Dish customers signed on in your respective areas.

What are your most effective tips for generating calls...

such as do you Canvas areas you are installing in with flyers or knock on the doors and talk with the folks... maybe leave flyers or such like in local businesses or even business cards...

Just what have you found to be the most effective?

:) Respectively some may not want to answer as to not generate competition...

I understand but just wanted to see what is working best for others...
First, a storefront presence on a mjaor road helps immenseley..Thts is not an option for everyone. I realize that....
Word of mouht is the best adverstising..We get more work thru word of mouth than any other source....my employers also offer a referal fee to any customer that brings in another DN cust... $25 for each one......that is the biggest attractant....People who think they are going to be rewarded with $$ will flock to your business......radio and tv ads can get expensive...Depending on your market and the time of day the spots are run..AM drive time(6 to 9 am) is the most expensive, followed by evening drive time (3--7 pm)..I don't know much about tv rates.....
Anyway, just get the word out that your in business..Get a press realease printed in your local paper's business section...Most newspapers will print a short release of a new entrepreneur's business opening...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)